I am Elder Brett Moore, an LDS Missionary serving in the Japan Tokyo Mission from September 2015 - September 2017. I can be emailed while on the mission at: brett.moore@myldsmail.net

Elder Brett Moore

Elder Brett Moore

Monday, January 11, 2016

Week 15- 1/11/16 The Wind Doesn't Stop


 So let me give you a recap. We were very busy this week. We taught
like 11 lessons, (half our transfer goal) in one week and saw plenty
of miracles. I also figured out that the wind is always blowing
against us, no matter where we go.

This week was literally non stop work. Since this is Elder Yoshinos
last transfer, we went to Waseda university, one of the leading
Universities the world. He had to get his re-entry interview done.
Also, we had a training meeting. So we took the train to Urawa and met
our new Zone Leader.

Honestly not many cool things are happening other than our
investigators. I'll start with Nao. Recently, Nao has showed a ton of
interest. We usually meet him over ramen and teach him gospel
principles and English. However, this week he surprised us. He said
he's started praying at home by himself every day. We never asked him
to do that. He's not afraid to pray in public either, because he just
offered the prayer for the ramen. Totally blew us away. His faith has
increased a lot and I'm so proud.

Another cool investigator story. Recently, we've been teaching a boy
named Hiroki English. His dad met with missionaries before and their
family comes to every eikaiwa. Recently, they've really become
attached to us. They come to every event we invite them to. Eikaiwa,
mochitsuki, even church. They're an awesome family. To make it better,
the dad gave up coffee and alcohol after learning we don't drink any
of those, without having to give him the commitment. It seems like our
investigators are preparing themselves.

Today, we had a mochitsuki. It's pretty much a party where we make
mochi. Tons of people came, and the members brought friends. Everybody
enjoyed socializing, and I got to show off my strength by pounding the
mochi with a hammer. All in all, it was a good time, and we made a lot
of new people interested in what we teach and do.


I was riding my bike a few days ago, when a car just turn in
front of me. I was going pretty fast but I slammed my brakes and force
the bike sideways. Next thing I know I'm on my feet, perfectly stable,
with my bike a few feet behind. It felt like I was picked up, or

helped up as I ditched the bike. Pretty cool experience.

Anyways thanks for tuning in everybody. Sorry, no pictures this week,
too busy. I'll try to take more next week!


モア長老

No comments:

Post a Comment