I am Elder Brett Moore, an LDS Missionary serving in the Japan Tokyo Mission from September 2015 - September 2017. I can be emailed while on the mission at: brett.moore@myldsmail.net

Elder Brett Moore

Elder Brett Moore

Monday, January 4, 2016

Week 14- 1/4/16 Transfer One, Over and Done

Hello once again 皆さん,

Yes it's been another week, and despite the two days we got off, it
still feels like a busy week. We deep cleaned our entire apartment. It
took us all day but we eventually finished and had the last hour of
the day to ourselves, them we read and studied literally all day the
next next day. It was nice to rest for a bit. And I'm officially a
transfer two missionary. Still a green bean but not as green.

Last week I said I was going to Ueno zoo on Tuesday but it turns out
the zoo, and every other tourist attraction in Ueno was closed due to
the New Years. Instead, we went to ameyoko, which was crazy packed.
It's this one little street with a ton of vendors screaming how cheap
their wares are. On the way to ameyoko, we ran into this giant toy
store. Naturally we went inside. It was six stories tall, and had
every kind of toy you could imagine. However, the top floor was my
favorite. The 6th floor was completely devoted to Star Wars and I took
some pretty cool pictures of things they had there.

After our p day activities, we went to the temple. All day I was
nervous because we had a lesson later that night with an investigator
named Angel. He's from the Dominican Republic, and is a strong
Catholic. My companion and I were both very nervous because we don't
really know how to teach people with religious backgrounds. However,
after that temple session I was at peace. We rode to Angels house,
they fed us some Spanish rice, smoked pork, and grilled bananas (which
was amazing) and ended up having a good lesson. He wants to meet again
sometime.

This whole week has been full of us being fed, and I am extremely
grateful. We even had homemade tortillas and soft tacos yesterday.
It's been so long since I've had a (good) taco.

And I finally got to do one of my favorite things. We were invited to
play soccer and basketball with the YSA men and a few investigators.
We all had a good time, but after is when it got better. We went to a
yakiniku house. For those of you who do t know, yakiniku is when you
order a ton of raw meat, and cook it on your own grill. And of course
it was tabehodai, or all you can eat. By the end of the night, we
pounded like ten platters of meat, and everyone smelled like campfire.
It was so good.

Well, that's my week everyone. We didn't really have many investigator
lessons because of the New Years, it's a really big deal in Japan. But
I'm sure I'll have more experiences this week. I'll attach pictures,
thank you for tuning in everybody!


モア長老

No comments:

Post a Comment