I am Elder Brett Moore, an LDS Missionary serving in the Japan Tokyo Mission from September 2015 - September 2017. I can be emailed while on the mission at: brett.moore@myldsmail.net

Elder Brett Moore

Elder Brett Moore

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Week 54- 10/10/2016 Some More Unexpected News

As you may be intrigued by my title, I'm sure you are all dying to
know what's going on. Well just wait a minute. I'm pretty tired today
so sorry if this email is lack luster

This week was a busy one. We had meeting after meeting. We started it
by going to the temple on Tuesday, then on Wednesday we taught Hiroki
the Plan of Salvation and he loved it. He said it all makes perfect
sense. The next few days starts interviews and zone meetings.
President said that I might be training in the future and it will more
than likely happen. Then we had zone meeting and got lectured on all
the rules because a lot off newbies came and keep flirting and being
dumb. We also had a tempura dinner with our investigator Kenji and he
said he'll be going to Peru to join his family. Sad stuff.

The rest of the week was general conference. To be honest my favorite
was Elder Yamashitas talk because 1. I'm biased. 2. I met him a few
months ago. We also get to meet Elder Bednar in a week!

So at the end of conference we have dinner and go home. This is the
unexpected news. I'm sitting at my desk reading and the phone rings.
We're getting a call from an assistant to the president on a Sunday
night which means bad news. Turns out that after 4 weeks of being in
Abiko, I'm being transferred again to Nagaoka area in Niigata zone.
One of the coldest areas in Japan. The snow fall in this area rivals
that of northern Japan and people have to build doors on the second
stories of their houses. Guess who gets to go for the winter. This
elder does. I'm pretty bummed about leaving Abiko after such a short
time. But President Naganos words came to pass because I'm finishing
up the training of a new elder. So I am a trainer. For like 2 weeks.
My new companion is named Elder Titel.

Hope you enjoyed the suspense. Next time you here from me, I'll be in Nagaoka!

No comments:

Post a Comment