I am Elder Brett Moore, an LDS Missionary serving in the Japan Tokyo Mission from September 2015 - September 2017. I can be emailed while on the mission at: brett.moore@myldsmail.net

Elder Brett Moore

Elder Brett Moore

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Week 56- 10/24/16 Livin la Vida Nagaoka

Well hello again Mina. As some of the more perceptive may have mentioned, six weeks have passed. And we all know what that means. Yes Elder Moore is now transfer nine. Oh and also TRANSFER CALLS. Now some of you may be thinking "how could this transfer call have anything interesting, he just transferred?" And I must say you're right, I did just transfer. But as is my tradition I'll wait until the end to share the details.

So this week was a very special week in the Tokyo mission. Elder Bednar came and we got to have him talk with (emphasis on with) us for a few hours. You know what they say about learning at the feet of the Lords chosen? Well I was literally there. Because we had to leave a day early for the conference due to the fact we live clear across the Kanto plains, we were there first and got the best seats in the house. Right in the front. I learned so much. The spirit was there and it was just a continuos stream of revelation. One of the biggest points was we have our agency, so use it. We are agents to act, not objects to be acted upon. Pretty much gave me a new motto for my life.

We got to ride a bus for a while as well. More nostalgia came back from my temple trip days and it was quite he experience. I would say that we had time to actually work in our area but nope, after we got back we headed on drown to joetsu for splits. An interesting fact about Joetsu, because there's only 4 active members the two elders there also contact women on the street. That was a very weird experience.

I had to give the Gospel principles lesson on the plan of salvation. I'm much better in a one-on-one teaching environment for sure. I also didn't have much time to plan as well so it was very bara-bara in my opinion, but everybody seemed to enjoy it. 

It's been getting colder here in nagaoka. This week there's a low of 35 degrees and yesterday was a high of 50. It usually starts snowing in November so we'll see how that goes. 

Now as you've all patiently waited here's the news for this transfer. After two weeks in nagaoka, Elder Moore is................
Staying.
However, my companion is transferring to Shibuya, and is training. That means my new companion is................
I actually don't know yet.
BECAUSE IM TRAINING AS WELL! I'll go pick him up from the Honbu on Wednesday. I finished up Elder Titels last few weeks of training, and will be starting with a fresh off the plane green bean. I'm very excited, especially since winter is coming soon. 

Anyways that's all I've got for you. Net time I email you I'll be a fresh mission-dad

coming back from Tokyo

Niigata zone elders slumber party before Bednar conference

Niigata zone p day

tried to take a selfie but the sun was in the way

No comments:

Post a Comment