I am Elder Brett Moore, an LDS Missionary serving in the Japan Tokyo Mission from September 2015 - September 2017. I can be emailed while on the mission at: brett.moore@myldsmail.net

Elder Brett Moore

Elder Brett Moore

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Week 80- 4/10/17 Transfers Have Come

Yes it's that time of the year again. Transfers have graced the land
of oyama and as per tradition I will reveal them at the end. I had a
pretty fun week with Elder Watanabe.

So last Monday was pretty much a chill day. Funny how you'd think I
would be tired of those by now but nope it was greatly appreciated. On
Tuesday I proceed to introduce Elder Watanabe to the area and we
visited a ton of people. Turns out that Elder Watanabes dad knows the
bishop in our ward a a couple of key less actives we've been trying to
get wi for forever. We were able to meet them and build relationships.
Bishop also fed us tacos on Tuesday night (thanks for the package mom,
I guess you did technically manage to send me Taco Bell!).

Wednesday was cool as well. Elder Watanabe didn't bring his bike
because only here until the end of the transfer so we've been walking
everywhere. I honestly don't even really remember what we did on
Wednesday, but it was awesome. We ended our day with Eikaiwa.

The next two days were full of splits. Because this was an absolutely
insane transfer, I had to do all my splits this week. So I split with
Elder Mccune on Thursday and got to do my first baptismal interbview
and Elder Ricks on Friday. Saturday was general conference, and Sunday
was also general conference. There was also a baptism on Sunday. The
sisters nine year old investigator Kaiki got baptized. I'm good
friends with his dad and I was asked to be in on the confirmation
circle. I was so honored.

So transfer calls. I will be staying in Oyama, this blessed land.
Elder Watanabe will be going back to Tokyo, but we knew this. My new
companion is Elder Petersen. He is currently my zone leader and is
transferring down here. I've gone on splits with him a few times and
I'm so excited. He actually used to work in this area so that'll be
nice.

Anyways thanks for tuning in. I have some pictures!

cleaning the font for the baptism

after Kaiki baptism



No comments:

Post a Comment