I am Elder Brett Moore, an LDS Missionary serving in the Japan Tokyo Mission from September 2015 - September 2017. I can be emailed while on the mission at: brett.moore@myldsmail.net

Elder Brett Moore

Elder Brett Moore

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Week 1- Oct 1, 2015

Hey sorry it took so long. A lot of my summary is in the main mission email but I'll give you the run down. My days consist of studying and praying for any guidance we can receive while teaching our investigator. My comp. got here the same day I did and is a pretty cool guy but he knows absolutely no Japanese so teaching is a bit hard but we've been doing good. Unfortunately I don’t get to go to Conference but it gets streamed to us. Apparently its a pretty big deal here. The language is going fine, certainly a lot of speaking but its been fun. I actually do have a list of stuff I'd like. Thank for your last package by the way I loved it.

I need my red lightsaber chopsticks, a few ugly ties (like one or two nasty colors and paisley, we have a tradition here called a tie draft. You insert your name tag in a box and lay a tie on the ground. Everyone does this and you’re supposed to put in your ugliest ties. As your name is chosen, you pick a new ugly tie and where it the next day. Its pretty fun) and some vitamins (sickness is rampant here and it hasn’t reached me yet).

Thank you guys for the letters! Keep them coming, we check the mail everyday! I cant send pictures yet. I apparently need a special cord from the MTC shop. But tomorrow i get my ipad so I'll start using pictures from that.


With love,

Elder Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment