I am Elder Brett Moore, an LDS Missionary serving in the Japan Tokyo Mission from September 2015 - September 2017. I can be emailed while on the mission at: brett.moore@myldsmail.net

Elder Brett Moore

Elder Brett Moore

Thursday, October 8, 2015

Week 2- Oct. 8, 2015

Konnichiwa Minna San!!

Just finished up the second of my nine weeks at the MTC. Lots has happened so I'll try to recap.

We got our teaching ipads, so please send me pictures of yourself and family so I can show people I actually have friends. Also on a more important note, General conference was this weekend. Watching General Conference here in the MTC certainly is a new experience. They pack all the missionaries in the gymnasium and we watch every session of conference. During one of the sunday sessions when Thomas S. Monson was starting to lean heavily on the pulpit you could literally feel the tension as the missionaries started to silently pray for our beloved prophet. Over 2000 missionaries were on the edge of their seats.

My companion and I also started to teach more investigators. We currently have 3 progressing investigators, two of which are in japanese. We taught our English investigator, Dennis, yesterday and he was really receptive. Born and raised Catholic but living in Utah. He is a really nice guy and I cant wait to teach him more. Today, we are teaching one of Japanese investigators, Yoshida-san. He has lots of questions about God and christianity. Teaching is going so well. My japanese has increased ten-fold, but my english is starting to decline. I keep wanting to use Japanese words in everyday conversation and accidently said a few during my English lesson (woops). 

Our Senpai are leaving this week. They have been great mentors and I'm sad to see them go. Whats really weird is I hosted the new missionaries yesterday. I'm considered experienced. A funny story happened last night though. I met this new English missionary who said he was from Vegas. I asked him where and he said around Craig and Durango. Turns out, we were in the same stake, same high school, and almost the same seminary class. He's in my dorm building only down the hall.

Well the MTC has been pretty great. The food isnt as great as advertised but there are some occasions where they get it right. For example, their tortellini is phenominal. I'm having a great time but I honestly cant wait until I get to leave and head to my mission. 

Thank you for listening minna-san, I'll tune in next week. Please remember to send me pictures and email me. I love getting mail.


Jaa nee. and God be with you till we meet again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment