I am Elder Brett Moore, an LDS Missionary serving in the Japan Tokyo Mission from September 2015 - September 2017. I can be emailed while on the mission at: brett.moore@myldsmail.net

Elder Brett Moore

Elder Brett Moore

Thursday, October 15, 2015

Week 3- Oct. 15, 2015

Konnichiwa Minna-san!

Elder Moore reporting in from the MTC, just finished up 3 weeks. Only 6 more to go.
This week was pretty good. We did a ton of teaching, in english and in japanese. We lost a few investigators but not because we sucked. Our schedule just keeps getting messed up. 

However, this week was also a sad week. Our senpai left for their respective missions so now the dorm hall and the class building is sadly empty. Its really weird being the most experienced class in the zone. New japanese missionaries came yesterday but theyre not our kohai. They belong to the other zone but its still nice to see new senkyoushi.

Our english innestigator, Dennis, is no longer being taught by us. Its too bad because he was golden. Rasied catholic but had some concerns about the way they did stuff. We gave him the lessons on God, Jesus Christ, and the restoraation and BoM. He was so receptive. I'm confident we could have baptized him. 

My japanese is getting good. I no longer need to bring teaching rescources into lessons, and on monday nights we do TRC which is like family home evening but in your mission language. During the last trc, I didnt have to look in a book or dictionary once. I attribute this all to the spirit. Without it and the gift of tongues, this work would be impossible.

Any ways, lots of teaching, lots of studying. My life consists of books and characters i barely know how to read but I love it. I cant wait to actually get to Japan, and use what I'm learning. I am tired of the MTC food however. There are only a few food items I absolutely love. I eat a bagel and cream cheese avery day for breakfast. typing is really hard. Using japanese a lot more has been messing with my linguistics.

I got Grandmas Porter’s package. Tell her I said many thanks and I really enjoyed them. 

Thank you for tuning in to this weekly update.

This is Elder Moore, signing off. 
And of course, God be with you 'till we meet again.


Elder Moore and his companion posing as Samuel H. Smith

District temple walk

Ugly Tie Friday

Elder Miller and Elder Moore. Elder Miller was in our stake and went to the same high school. This was his last night before heading to Tokyo.

"The hardest book I've ever read"

MTC Zone

No comments:

Post a Comment