I am Elder Brett Moore, an LDS Missionary serving in the Japan Tokyo Mission from September 2015 - September 2017. I can be emailed while on the mission at: brett.moore@myldsmail.net

Elder Brett Moore

Elder Brett Moore

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Week 13- 12/28/2015- Getting Busy

Helloooooo 皆さん

I don't have any crazy guy stories this week but I figured I'd email anyways.

I'll start from the top. After p day ended last week, we went to Kato's house. He doesn't want to convert but he likes us and the church so he feeds the missionaries every Monday. We usually make traditional Japanese food and this week was Takoyaki. Takoyaki is octopus inside little balls of batter with other additives and it was really good. 

We also had a few lessons this week. We met with Tonagi, our focus investigator. He wants to be baptized but he's busy because he owns a ton of land in Chiba and Gunma so he can't meet with U.S. Often but his faith is strong and he has a desire. We also met with Nao. We were a little surprised because he just texted us one morning and said he'd treat us to ramen. While there, he said he wanted to pray, and that he's started praying on his own. His faith has increased so much. We never committed him to pray. He just studies and does things. He's great. 

I also went on splits in the Kawagoe area with one of the Zone Leaders. It's good to get out and see Japan. I'll attach a picture I took of the view.

This last week being Christmas we were really blessed. As missionaries, Christmas is no different from any of proselyting day. However, we've had members feed us every night this week. The sakamoto's, nakanishi's, Sato's, Kato-San, and tonight Brother Kuzuya is feeding us. We're so thankful. The members here are truly amazing and Okegawa ward has the best of the best. We also got a ton of food in our present box.

Our days are getting busier and busier. We have a full schedule this week with lessons, appointments, or missionary stuff. Glad we don't do anything on New Years. In Japan, since New Years is more religious and it's not very effective for missionary work, we stay inside on the 31st and 1st to clean and study all day. I'm hoping to get all the cleaning done early. 

Anyways, this is the last week of my first transfer. It all went by so fast. I can't wait to be a transfer 2 green bean. I'll still be new, but not as new as I am now. I'll make sure to update everybody next week. I'll probably have a lot of pictures then because we're going to Ueno zoo tomorrow before the temple. Thanks for tuning in everybody!


モア長老


No comments:

Post a Comment