I am Elder Brett Moore, an LDS Missionary serving in the Japan Tokyo Mission from September 2015 - September 2017. I can be emailed while on the mission at: brett.moore@myldsmail.net

Elder Brett Moore

Elder Brett Moore

Monday, April 11, 2016

Week 28- 4/11/16 The Pirates Life For Me

Hello again everybody! Yes I'm here to grace your inboxes with my presence.

This week was long and short at the same time. Because we're right
next to Tokyo bay, the wind is always blowing, and the weather is
usually less than admirable. It rained most of this week. That leads
to nobody being on the streets or wanting to talk. At all.

However we did have some interesting things happen this week. We
finally got to watch general conference! It was absolutely amazing. We
had to wait a week for all the translations, but we watched it in
English anyways. We had a bunch of people come as well! Probably one
of my favorite people in the area is a recent convert named Hitoshi.
Him and his family came from Sudan, and he's easily one of the
funniest people to talk to. In case you're wondering why a Sudanese
man is named Hitoshi, he just goes by that because he doesn't like his
Arabic name. We also had one of our Chinese investigators Sha come. He
is a miracle. Apparently he just walked in off the street wanting to
be Christian because all the Christians he knows are super happy.
However, he doesn't speak much English, and even less Japanese.
Luckily, we had the Chinese translation of conference downstairs and a
member to answer his questions.

I also got to go to the hospital this past week. I managed to catch a
minor case of pink eye, and we were told to go to the hospital.
However, I realized that biking in a very windy area with pink eye is
not a very fun activity so I stopped by the local drug store and
picked up an eye patch. It turns out that missionary is not very
effective with an eye patch. You will be laughed at. More than usual.
Drug stores sell all sorts of things. I don't know how I got pink eye,
but we all think it's from the apartment because it's nasty. We clean
literally everyday but we can't help it. There's so many problems with
this apartment. One of the other Elders also has what's called the
Rhino virus, which is a bad sore throat that no antibiotics fix, so
you suffer for a month. While at the hospital, I got bombarded with
Japanese I couldn't understand. All I could make out was "eyedrops"
"four times a day" "come back if it gets worse" which is all that
matters I guess. Since Friday (the day I got it) it's completely
disappeared and I continue to take the eyedrops just in case.

Anyways that's pretty much our week. We went to a place called odaiba
today which is this huge shopping center and tourist place. Amongst
the attractions are a 1/1 scale gundam (giant robot) which I of course
got pictures of. Thank you for tuning in this week!


Elder Moore


No comments:

Post a Comment