I am Elder Brett Moore, an LDS Missionary serving in the Japan Tokyo Mission from September 2015 - September 2017. I can be emailed while on the mission at: brett.moore@myldsmail.net

Elder Brett Moore

Elder Brett Moore

Monday, April 4, 2016

Week 27- 4/4/16 Didney Lan

Hey everybody it's that time of the week again, but this time I'm in a
different area. As you know, last week was transfer week. I got
transferred to Urayasu area. Urayasu is right on the Tokyo bay and has
Disney land in it. However, I can't go to Disney land as a missionary
which is sad but I get to go around it, and I can see it from our
apartment.

So the first two days of this week were pretty simple. Pack and say
goodbye to members. Really not much else was done in those days.
Wednesday was transfer day. I packed up my bag and headed down to the
station. With the new transfer rules, sometimes you have to transfer
by yourself but I had people going to to Tokyo in my district so I
didn't have to brave the train by myself. However they were late and
we missed our train. This in turn made me an our late in Urayasu, and
I was so tired from lugging my bike across Japan. Once in Urayasu, we
taught a lesson right away to a guy who was met last Monday. We got to
know him and he said he had interest in Christ but not a good reason
why he had interest. We walked him through the "Who is Christ"
pamphlet that we have for people with a non-Christian background. By
the end of the lesson, he said yes to baptism and meeting through out
the week. Starting strong in Urayasu.

One thing I learned throughout the week is there's ultimately two
types of people. The ones have have interest, which are the easy
contacts, and the ones who don't. However, just because they don't
have interest doesn't mean they don't have questions. One guy we
stopped this week said no right away. Later on we bumped into him
again but forgot we contacted him He laughed at my companion then
turned to me and said "actually I do have a question. Why are there so
many churches?" The fact that we contacted him got him to think. He
may not want to join the church, but we were able to teach him some
truth. It's up to him to decide what to do with that truth.

Urayasu is an interesting place. There's so many people here. It's
easy to contact now. Like the church is only really five minutes away
but it takes us 30 minutes to get there because we're just talking to
everyone. It gets a little tiring riding then stopping to talk, then
riding again, but stopping five feet later to talk but it's what we're
supposed to be doing I guess. Thanks for tuning in this week. I won't
be sending many pictures anymore because I found out we can only take
pictures on p day or in the apartment. Until next week!

Picture 1: the river and blossoms near our apartment
Picture 2: we actually went to the rainforest cafe, which was right
next to Disney land.
Picture 3: view from our balcony

Picture 4: more cherry blossom pictures




No comments:

Post a Comment