I am Elder Brett Moore, an LDS Missionary serving in the Japan Tokyo Mission from September 2015 - September 2017. I can be emailed while on the mission at: brett.moore@myldsmail.net

Elder Brett Moore

Elder Brett Moore

Monday, April 25, 2016

Week 30- 4/25/16 'tisms

What's up everybody? It's my turn to subject you to another five
minutes of what goes over here in the land of the rising sun. Speaking
of that, it's freaking hot. It's mildly okay riding your bike but the
humidity here combined with all the people, concrete, and asphalt just
turns everything into an oven. We haven't even reached the worst yet
and I'm dying. I can see why the missionaries funds here go towards
gatorades and ice cream during the summer.

I've got some news for all of you. We saw two baptisms down here this
last week. We also found two new investigators, who either just walked
off the street in the church, or told us they're looking for truth.
We're meeting with a college student from Myanmar today. He just
walked into the church parking lot, asked if we taught English, and
asked when church was. You can probably imagine we were all over him.
The only
problem is there's like no material in Burmese, which is what they
speak in Myanmar apparently. So we have to teach him in Japanese and
English. Oh we also have another baptism next week. Urayasu area
bringing them home!

Honestly this week went super fast. We made peach cobbler in the rice
cooker which was heavenly. I also saw a drumming man under a bridge on
the way to basketball today. I'll send the video in another email. So
our baptismal font here is not actually a font. It's a giant
inflatable pool. Elder Wilkes and I had the privilege of filling it up
because we were on splits. I'll also attach pictures of that.

Apparently members like seeing baptisms here because we got gifted
like seven bags of Japanese cereal. I specify this because Japanese
cereal is expensive and filled with sugar. Things are going quite good
down here in Urayasu. I actually really like this area. We just need a
new apartment. I'll most likely end up moving this apartment as well
as the Okegawa one. Anyways that's all I have to talk about! I'll
throw in some pictures.
Picture 1: setting up the font
Picture 2: our cobbler
Picture 3: the horse racing track in Funabashi. We went to the second

biggest mall in Japan



No comments:

Post a Comment