I am Elder Brett Moore, an LDS Missionary serving in the Japan Tokyo Mission from September 2015 - September 2017. I can be emailed while on the mission at: brett.moore@myldsmail.net

Elder Brett Moore

Elder Brett Moore

Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Week 57- 10/31/2016 There And Back Again

Hello again everybody. This has been one crazy week. Life as a trainer
has left me tired, and being the oldest missionary in the area has
really been an interesting experience. I'll fill you in on what
happened for the first 4 days of the week.

I went to Tokyo again hence the email title. I've ridden the Niigata
bus more times then any missionary ever I think. I haven't been in the
area on a Tuesday yet either. Tomorrow is a first for me. To make
things easier for you, we went to Tokyo and slept in the Honbu gym
with all the new missionaries. I don't remember being that wide-eyed
when I got here, but I sure was as tired as they were. But my sleeping
was interrupted because out of the 20 something elders in this room, 4
of them snored enough to simulate an army of lumberjacks. Wednesday I
woke up, got my trainee, ate some enchiladas, then went home (kind
of). We had to stay the night in Niigata area.

Thursday we got home. Really this week has just been full of doing
things for my trainee. His name is Elder McIlrath. Japanese people
can't say his name. He's a pretty cool guy and I'm looking forward to
working with him. He's from Kayesville, Utah and served in the National
Gaurd before he left.

I realized yesterday that if people want the missionaries to do
something, they come to me now. That's a little frightening because I
can't make decisions for anybody besides my companionship. But I
realized this week how much Japanese I actually do know. I know a lot.
I can have any conversation I want. Just a little exciting feeling.
I've finally reached a level of fluency, I just need to work on my
reading.

I honestly don't have much to talk about but here's some pictures!

Guitar Class

The branch Halloween party

The branch Halloween party

The branch Halloween party

No comments:

Post a Comment