I am Elder Brett Moore, an LDS Missionary serving in the Japan Tokyo Mission from September 2015 - September 2017. I can be emailed while on the mission at: brett.moore@myldsmail.net

Elder Brett Moore

Elder Brett Moore

Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Week 58- 11/7/16 Super Trainer

Well hello family and friends. This week kind of a weird week for me. I got to be trainer to two missionaries instead of one, and I much rather prefer one. The other trainee's trainer had to go up to Tokyo to handle some stuff about a bike so I babysat for most of this week.

Monday was a day. We spent our time biking around and ended making friends with a guy who owns a recycle shop. He goes to America once very now and then and picks up a ton of used clothing from Deseret Industries and Salvation Army, then comes back here to sell it. He runs an antique clothing store. Pretty cool dude.

Tuesday is when the other Elder came up. We had an extra bike for him but he's not very tall so we ended up just walking everywhere. It rained every other day this week. People keep saying that rainy season is over but every time a new month hits they say "oh it's another rainy season now." Sounds to me like Japan has a year long rainy season. 

Wednesday and Thursday were spent walking around in the rain. We went up to Niigata Thursday evening for a zone conference  and splits on friday. There was a lightning storm going on so they stopped the train for a good while. 

Friday was spent walking around even more because I was on splits with Elder Kakegawa the zone leader. I've known him for my entire mission so we had a fun time. We ended our splits with a ping-pong party. The rest of the week was just doing the things we needed to do like weekly planning and such.I also learned that my investigator in Abiko named Hiroki was baptized on Saturday, so that's another one under my belt! We did drop by a few investigators houses to set up appointments and we will be meeting them this week hopefully. Then today we had a picnic in a park about an hour away by car with some members and an investigator. It was pretty fun and I got pictures. Hope you all have a good week!





No comments:

Post a Comment