I am Elder Brett Moore, an LDS Missionary serving in the Japan Tokyo Mission from September 2015 - September 2017. I can be emailed while on the mission at: brett.moore@myldsmail.net

Elder Brett Moore

Elder Brett Moore

Monday, November 21, 2016

Week 60- 11/21/16 I Don't Think The Rainy Season Ever Really Ends

Well howdy hey how's your day?
I can't believe another week has come and gone. These weeks are going
so fast. Before we know it it's Friday and we start freaking out. Better fast than slow and boring I guess. Life has shown down a bit here. We're still rocking the investigator pool but we just need to set more times to meet them. This week we're going to hit it strong, especially since we'll be out of the area for zone conference on Friday.

It's getting colder up in Nagaoka. The rain certainly doesn't help. Sometimes I just wish it would turn into snow and we can get this party started. It's easier to stay dry in the snow. We found out this week that it snows enough to collapse houses if you're not careful enough. ヤバイ!

So I'll let you in on what happened. We met some new investigators
this week and they look good. After I finished emailing y'all last
week we went to look for some cool things to do. We ended up bumping
into a guy we know and he turned into a new investigator. Then we went
to Stamina taro with another investigator. Stamina taro is an all you
can eat meat grill. We had two hours to eat as much as we could.
Really our week was pretty normal. We had splits up here in Nagaoka
this week. The Joetsu elders came up and we had a good time. I was
with another bean named Elder Anderson. He's way short and looks like
he's in elementary school.
We had guitar class on Friday. Our ward mission leader loves guitars
so he brings a ton to the church and teaches us how to play guitar. We
bring our investigators and it's just a good time all around. I
already know some basic stuff so he relies on me to help teach.
Because I also know a little bit about guitars, I get to pick the cool
ones.
That's pretty much it for our week. It's getting colder, that's all I
can really say. Hope everybody has a good thanksgiving. We're throwing
a party here on Wednesday. Remember to actually be thankful for stuff.
Living in a land that doesn't have any turkey makes you really miss
Thanksgiving. Maybe we'll pick up some KFC that night. See you all
next week and of course PICTURES. Oh and feel free to send me pictures
as well. I love that stuff.



Stamina taro with Miyajima

after all the negative comments lately, we should all just
appreciate the great things America has done.

guitar class

how the Japanese prepare for snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment