I am Elder Brett Moore, an LDS Missionary serving in the Japan Tokyo Mission from September 2015 - September 2017. I can be emailed while on the mission at: brett.moore@myldsmail.net

Elder Brett Moore

Elder Brett Moore

Thursday, March 23, 2017

Week 77 3/20/17 Japanese Hospitals Are The Bane of American Missionaries

Hello everybody it is I once again. You may be wondering about my
email title and I just want to tell you that I am okay. My companion
however, is not. I will explain later on in this email, but first I'll
cover my week.
You've already seen some of the pictures but I went to Nikko on
Monday, which is a world heritage site. The actual place was built in
the Edo period of Japan (Edo is the old name for Tokyo when Kyoto was
the countries capital). We had a great time and even though I've seen
plenty of shrines in my life, I was thoroughly impressed by this one.
They had a dealing that roared. I guess you had to be there. No
pictures allowed though because it is used for actual worship.

On Tuesday we taught a lot of English and visited a good amount of
members. Really it was a pretty normal day, but this is when it gets
not normal. During Wednesday morning study, my companion started to
get really nauseous. He ended up throwing up and we stayed inside all
day. I sat in my desk chair for 15 hours straight because I didn't
want to get too close to a sick person. However, he was totally fine
the next day. We topped off Thursday by going up to Koga for zone
leader splits. I spent the day with Elder Peterson and it was pretty
awesome. We biked around 20-30 kilometers that day. We also found a
bunch of new investigators and had a wonderful time enjoying the
warmth of spring.

However, things got worse from there. My companion got sick again, but
this time it included a good amount of blood. Anytime he went to the
bathroom it was just blood so you can imagine my worry. So to cope I
told him to wait the rest of the night and went back to sleep.

SATURDAY MORNING. Still blood. We go back to Oyama from our exchange.
There was a huge factory fire so there was ash falling everywhere.
Wish I took a picture but I was biking sorry. We then go to the
"hospital" (Japan doesn't have hospitals. Just a ton of small
clinics.) and we waited for an hour to be told he has a kidney stone
with no tests or scans. We were skeptical because he wasn't
experiencing any pain. That night we got a ride up to Kiryu (an old
area of mine) for a priesthood meeting.

SUNDAY. STILL WORRIED. A member in the ward just got back from Fukuoka
for cancer in his kidneys. He had the same symptoms as elder Sharon so
everybody was getting a little worried. On the bike home, Elder Sharon
started to hurt and now we are dealing with a kidney stone. Not
cancer. That brings me to the adventure I'm in now.

I don't think I have very many pictures from this week so I'll post

them if I have some. Thanks for tuning in!

No comments:

Post a Comment