I am Elder Brett Moore, an LDS Missionary serving in the Japan Tokyo Mission from September 2015 - September 2017. I can be emailed while on the mission at: brett.moore@myldsmail.net

Elder Brett Moore

Elder Brett Moore

Thursday, March 30, 2017

Week 78- 3/27/2017 A Caged Bird

Oh boy I I hope y'all are ready for my week because I don't think I've been think physically/emotionally drained in a while. The funny part is we didn't even do anything. We were inside for most of the week, hence the email title.

So let's start with Monday. Elder Sharon started having bad pain Sunday night so we stayed inside and did nothing on Monday. I took a mean 2 hour nap. I recommend for sure. 

Tuesday was Hospital day with Brother Inaba. He was kind enough to drive us down. Funny story, he was the seminary coordinator while I was in Misawa so I actually met him. I have all these videos of 5 years ago me now. Also all of you who were in the class for the New Testament. But we went to the hospital and found out that Elder Sharon's kidney stone is a centimeter in diameter and not moving. He spent three hours in pain Sunday night just to have it right outside his kidney. We then called the doctor and he said he will more than likely need to go home so we set things up for that.

Wednesday was spent inside or teaching English. Thursday was also spent inside and missed out on Zone Conference. We're heading down to Tokyo today to attend though. President then came over and talked about the going home process. Elder Sharon was supposed to leave on Monday but then Friday happened.

The doctors called again. They sent his info to Salt Lake and they said surgery is one of the worst ideas you can choose and they want him to pass it naturally. Well this thing hasn't moved in a week. They said if starts to hurt than get it blasted with lictoscopy. I think that's a bad idea and we fume for the rest of the day. They pretty much told him to push through everything and suffer. 

Saturday was Saturday and Sunday was great because we rode around in a car all day. But we found out more information. If Elder Sharon does the treatment that was recommended by salt lake, he will be spending close to 1000 dollars even with insurance out of pocket straight up. He may also be hospitalized. So we are going to the hospital today to see what they want to do with him, and we will continue to talk to the doctors. It's all boiled down to whether Elder Sharon wants to stay or not.


Sorry this is pretty much just an email about Elder Sharon but I didn't do much this week. Our bishop travels to America often so he brought us back some cereal and goldfish crackers. My favorite foods! Anyways I still managed to get some pictures of me hijacking a train so please enjoy those! 



No comments:

Post a Comment