I am Elder Brett Moore, an LDS Missionary serving in the Japan Tokyo Mission from September 2015 - September 2017. I can be emailed while on the mission at: brett.moore@myldsmail.net

Elder Brett Moore

Elder Brett Moore

Monday, May 22, 2017

Week 85- 5/15/2017 Busy Busy But Beneficial

Hello everybody. We had a ton more miracles is week but I don't feel
like sharing a lot of them. This is going to be a relatively short
email but I figured I should write you all anyways.
I got to skype my family (and more specifically mother) for Mother's
Day! Next time you hear my voice it'll be in person!

We made a lot of progress this week. One of our investigators father
was really anti towards us and the church but we invited him to dinner
at a members and it went really well. He actually started dropping off
his family and picking them up from church this Sunday.

I wrote about this week in my journal but I honestly don't remember
too much. I think I'll just tell you all about it when I get home. A
little something I've been thinking about however. The meaning of
"forgive and forget" has been playing across my mind lately. A lot of
people think that to forget means to just push it from your mind and
don't do anything to ever stop that wrong doing again. Because of this
mentality I feel like a lot of people deny themselves of a better
life. To forgive and forget is to forgive completely. Don't let past
mistakes mar the face of those who are trying to improve for the
future. A lot of people say "I can forgive, but I won't forget."
That's not true forgiveness. Really none of us can judge others.
There's no point in being a sub-par person to everybody.

Anyways just something to think about. Have a good week!


Eikaiwa with Brother Oki. He's one of my favorite members here.

Skype with the fam!

No comments:

Post a Comment