I am Elder Brett Moore, an LDS Missionary serving in the Japan Tokyo Mission from September 2015 - September 2017. I can be emailed while on the mission at: brett.moore@myldsmail.net

Elder Brett Moore

Elder Brett Moore

Monday, May 22, 2017

Week 86- 5/22/2017 Happy News, Happy Week

Hello everybody. For those of you who are following the arithmetic of
transfers, you would be correct in assuming that this is the email I
announce transfer news.
And as always I will announce it at the end of the email.

This week was pretty great. I honestly don't remember a lot of it but
we certainly did stuff. On Monday we had a fun P-day. I called my mom
and we went to Tochigi to teach English.
Tuesday was a day of busy schedules. We woke up and found out
everything we scheduled fell through, and we received a new rule where
we had to be out the door by ten o clock everyday. So we went out and
passed out a couple English fliers. And hopped on ANOTHER train and
traveled far away. We visited the Ogawas and had a good time helping
Ruka with his homework. We actually managed to set a baptismal date
with him this week, which I will touch on later.
On Wednesday I had splits in Utsunomiya with Elder Mccune. Utsunomiya
is pretty much like little Tokyo. We had a good time and I ate Shabu
Shabu, which is boiling water or sauce and you throw a ton of veggies
and meat into it. Pretty much the same as yakiniku but without using
fire. I love Elder Mccune. He goes home on the same day as me so we'll
be on the same plane.
Thursday was awesome. We went to Indo curry with a youth in the ward
named Hiroya. It was all you can eat and this little Japanese kid ate
as much as we did. Then we helped him with his English. We had weekly
planning then when out and tried to find friends.

On Friday we had District Meeting and more splits. The zone leaders
came down and we used our giant Book of Mormon to do a big activity.
We passed out around 60 books in about two hours. We also pulled weeds
for Rob and found this way cool Indian kid named Sora who thinks we're
the Bees Knees. From there we had choir night and a Skype lesson with
Ruka. We set the baptismal date and it was awesome.

The next morning we had hour cooking activity. But before that we
found out that Rukas feather, who was previously very opposed, gave
him permission to be baptized on our proposed date. Big miracle. Then
I made around 50 pieces of Cheez-it Chicken for everybody and they all
loved it. Thanks mom for the Recipe.

Sunday was a wonderful day. I got to baptize the Sisters investigator
because she asked me to and it was awesome. The water was cold though.
Then we said bye to a departing sister who is going to the Laie,
Hawaii temple visitor center mission. After that was our normal Sunday
stuff.

Anyways, on to transfer news. This entire transfer I've had thoughts
and feelings about where I was going. I talked to President Nagano
about it and I got my transfer call today. I will be going back to
URAYASU!!! I get to go back to my favorite area
ever! My new companion is Elder Otani, who is my third Japanese
companion. I haven't have a Japanese comp since I was transfer 3. I'm
really looking forward to it. Anyways here's some pictures. Have a
good week!

 
Sister Fukayas baptism

District Lunch at yakiniku

Shabu Shabu

Eikaiwa

No comments:

Post a Comment