I am Elder Brett Moore, an LDS Missionary serving in the Japan Tokyo Mission from September 2015 - September 2017. I can be emailed while on the mission at: brett.moore@myldsmail.net

Elder Brett Moore

Elder Brett Moore

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Week 87- 5/29/2017 I forgot What Week I'm At

Hello everybody! This was a pretty crazy week. I got transferred so now I'm in a new area. Or an old area I guess. I'm back in Urayasu. I like my new companion. His name is Elder Otani and he's from Osaka. 

I guess I'll go through my week. On Monday we received calls and had a party at the Adachis. I was the last one to sign a 40 year old scroll of missionaries. On Tuesday we biked around a ton and visited members so I could say goodbye. It was also devilishly hot that day. It was sad saying bye to the Oyama members but I was excited to come back. Very bittersweet.

On Wednesday I woke up freaking early because I had to sign the baptismal form for the sisters. We also met an investigator I found named Sora. He's from India and he was sad to see me go. I then hopped on a train that I found out was the wrong train about an hour later. But no worries, I am an expert at navigating tokyo, and I got to my destination about an hour late. We spent the day visiting old friends and members.

Thursday was spent visiting members and doing volunteer work at a center for people with mental disabilities. That was interesting to say the least. In all honestly a lot of my time has been visiting members and stuff. Friday was District Meeting and rain. Gotta love the rain. We walked way far on Friday. 

Saturday was a way busy day. We started the day by working out with our ward mission leader, who is a professional dancer and physical trainer. We got worked hard but I enjoyed it. Then we biked a good distance to play Futsal with the young men. By the end of that I was exhausted. We finished our night by eating Hamburg steak, a massive bowl of ice cream, and teaching mission school. 

Friday was probably the best day of the week. I saw ALL my old friends in Urayasu. Everybody was so happy to have me back. It also helped boost my rep when we got a huge miracle. Two kids just walked in from the street and wanted to learn who we were. We then ended the day with FHE at Illya's (our ward mission leader) house and then we ran home. 

That's pretty much my week. We're all way tired because we played basketball this morning and I got to meet all the old people I used to play ball with as well. I hope you all have a good week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment