I am Elder Brett Moore, an LDS Missionary serving in the Japan Tokyo Mission from September 2015 - September 2017. I can be emailed while on the mission at: brett.moore@myldsmail.net

Elder Brett Moore

Elder Brett Moore

Monday, June 26, 2017

Week 90- 6/19/2017 The Week I Had A Choice To Go Home Or Not

Hey everybody! Don't be alarmed with the email title. I'll explain later.
I'm so tired now it's hard to remember things. I'm in need of at least
one nap every day and if I don't take one I get way slow and tired.
The sun is also brutal here. I get darker by the day. We're on a
coastal city so it's just everywhere. I love this area so much though.

We had a pretty awesome week. Still no new people but we made some
progress with those we do have. Our Chinese investigator Wuu is doing
really good. He wants to start a Chinese class because he's way
thankful that we help him and teach him about God. He's really
sensitive to the spirit and loves to pray. We met to talk about
Chinese school and we ended talking about happiness and why we can
experience being happy, but finding true and lasting happiness happens
through the gospel. He really liked that and he offered to pray. He
gives really good prayers. We're going to try and set a baptismal date
this week!

As far as the days go, they all tend to jumble together. I'm pretty
sunburnt. I got to go to the temple this week which was awesome. We
went and did lots of fun stuff. I told you about it last week. The
best part about serving here is there's lots of cool stuff really
close by.
Wednesday was pretty good as well. I had a really good conversation
with Wuu after Eikaiwa and he expressed how much he loves to talk to
us and wants to learn about the Book of Mormon but he's just so busy.
He has such a pure heart.
Thursday was companion exchanges wi Elder Ogawa, and Japanese transfer
one missionary. We live together but it was pretty fun. He a really
interesting guy. We went to the disability center and I'm getting
really comfortable with working with them. They're all so nice and
they all are my friends.
Friday was District Meeting and stuff. I got to meet Hitoshi! We're
going out to Mexican food next week. We used to hang out all the time
last year but he's been really busy so we're helping him. He's got a
lot of questions but he's just really inquisitive and wants to learn.
Easily one of my best friends.
Saturday and Sunday was pretty much just teaching English and doing
cool missions stuff. Oh and church.
Today we had Zone p day so we went a place called kasai rinkai koen,
which is a park on the beach with a massive Ferris wheel and stuff. We
had a sand castle building competition and I got to touch a jelly
fish. They feel like firm jello. Then we rode he Ferris wheel and took
a whole lot of pictures. Anyways hope you have a good week!

Oh and about the title, I've been getting head aches every day or
nearly every day but this happened last summer as well. I called the
doctor and we talked it over and gave me the choice to gaman (deal
with it) or go home this week. I'm just going to deal with it but I've
been being careful. Hopefully it doesn't turn into anything big.
Anyways, nothing to be worried about. If it was bad I would have
telephoned home. Anyways bye!


Ruka got baptized!

the Ferris wheel

me on said Ferris wheel

Disney land

A picture of Home!

No comments:

Post a Comment