I am Elder Brett Moore, an LDS Missionary serving in the Japan Tokyo Mission from September 2015 - September 2017. I can be emailed while on the mission at: brett.moore@myldsmail.net

Elder Brett Moore

Elder Brett Moore

Monday, June 19, 2017

Week 88- 6/5/2017 I Figured it Out

Welcome to Elder Moore's email extravaganza. I'll be your host on this
wonderful adventure. This are going along well in the land of Urayasu.
All of our investigators are busy, but at least they like us so they
try to meet.

This week was beautiful and full of sunshine. On Monday we played
basketball with Illya and I jammed my finger way bad. We all thought
it was broken. But I didn't have money so I couldn't go to the doctor.
Tuesday was a normal day of not much planned. We served at a mental
disability center. That's always an interesting experience but I come
back having learned so much more. The Light of Christ is very strong
in these individual sons and daughters of God.
Wednesday was the day I actually went to the hospital. Turns out my
finger is not broken. But the doctor said I did something to the
ligament probably so I need to be careful or else I need surgery. I
can finally understand what doctors say and I didn't even need the
help of my Japanese companion. Looks like spending money on a hospital
membership last year was a good idea after all! Same place, one year
later.
Thursday was weekly planning. We also tried to visit a less active
family in the rain but they weren't there. Oh well, the old saying
goes that the longer you stay out in the rain, the prettier your
future wife gets. I guess we're lucky here because it rains a lot!
Friday was Zone Conference and I got to see two of my three sons!
President Nagano talked to us how to be more gooder and we ate some
tasty taco rice. I'll teach you how to make it when I get home (easier
than you think).
Saturday was busy. We were able to see ALL our investigators and we
had a good time. We also taught mission school and I told a funny
joke. The joke is "What is a pirates favorite letter?"

Well you may think it's R, but his true love will always be the C.

Sunday was stake conference, we got a new stake president. I don't
know him so I'm assuming it doesn't matter much to me. But all the
wards in Tokyo gathered and it was a pretty big deal.
Now we're back to today! Man these emails get harder and harder to
write. Hope you all have a good week!


Sushi with the Yamashitas

One of my Sons and I

The Tokyo Zones

Just a nice picture of my area.



No comments:

Post a Comment