I am Elder Brett Moore, an LDS Missionary serving in the Japan Tokyo Mission from September 2015 - September 2017. I can be emailed while on the mission at: brett.moore@myldsmail.net

Elder Brett Moore

Elder Brett Moore

Monday, February 1, 2016

Week 18- 2/1/16 We're Finally Moving

Week 18

皆さん、こんにちは!
This week was a very busy week for us. The weather was also pretty
weird. It was above 50 degrees for the first few days but then it
rained for two days in a row and now the weather is back to the low
30's. I guess I'll start on this weeks events!

On Monday we went to Kazuhisa's house for dinner. He's not a member,
and doesn't want to be one, but he likes the church because he stayed
with an lads family as a home stay student. Now he feeds the
missionaries every Monday.

On Tuesday, we had splits. I went on a split with Elder Murakami who
is one of the other elders in the apartment. We had a lot of fun. We
visited with a recent convert in the ward and helped him plan his
Sunday school lesson at Mister Donut. It's been a long time since I've
had Mister Donut and I was quite happy to visit. After, we did some
street contacting at Ōmiya station (大宮駅), the biggest station in our
area. I handled a contact by myself and felt pretty proud afterwards.
We also ate ramen for dinner. It was massive. The bowl was bigger than
my head. I didn't have to eat until lunch the next day.

On Wednesday we taught Hiroki English, and Eikaiwa. Not much happens
on the days in the middle of the week. So I'll skip to Saturday and
Sunday. We usually teach Hiroki English before or after Eikaiwa.
Hiroki is one of Kodas sons. We actually spend a lot of time with them
on Saturdays, and they always bring us tuna onigiri and some delicious
bread. On Saturdays we also have ping pong night- which Koda and his
family always come to. We also taught a lesson to Koda with help from
Brother Minami, one of the English speakers in the ward. The lesson
went well. We tried to set a baptismal date for February 14 but Koda
said that was a little too sudden, but he'll think about it. I
personally think he can do it if he really worked for it. Hiroki has
also suddenly taken an interest in Christ. He wanted to know more
about baptism and Christs resurrection so we showed him the bible
videos for each topic. He was absolutely amazed that not only could
Christ bring people back from the dead, but himself as well. Win him,
he already knows Christ exists. He has no doubt. It's just a matter of
him believing, which I believe the whole family is ready to do. If you
haven't seen the new bible videos, I recommend you watch them. They're
pretty awesome.

Oh we also finally got to watch the missionary broadcast. It was
amazing. I absolutely loved it. Especially Elder Andersons talk on
always having a testimony of the savior ready to bear. This week was
pretty fulfilling. Weird to think this transfer is nearly over. We
finally got the call to move. We change apartments this Friday. It's a
nice ten minute walk to the church instead of a 40 minute bike ride.
It's nice because we waste so much time going to and from the church.

Well that's all for this week. If you have any questions about the
minor details of my days feel free to email me! Thanks for tuning in
everyone!

愛しています!
モア長老

Pictures:
Picture 1- the big bowl of ramen
Picture 2- rush hour at 8:30 a.m. At 大宮

Picture 3- More ramen with the Zone Leaders and Okegawa Elders A



No comments:

Post a Comment