I am Elder Brett Moore, an LDS Missionary serving in the Japan Tokyo Mission from September 2015 - September 2017. I can be emailed while on the mission at: brett.moore@myldsmail.net

Elder Brett Moore

Elder Brett Moore

Monday, February 15, 2016

Week 20- 2/15/16 End Of Transfer Two!

皆さん!おはようございます!

Yes it's that time of the week again. I'm happy to grace your inboxes
with my presence. This last week was quite the special week. The
reason for that is it was the last week of the transfer! I'm
officially not a trainee anymore! I also have some news regarding my
transfer.

I am officially......................................................staying
in Okegawa!

My new companion will be Elder Sato, the current commissarian. He
helped us move last week and we all had a blast.

So about this week. It started kind of slow. We had dinner at
Kazuhisa's house as usual. He fed us hamburger. An interest thing
about Japan, is that they just eat hamburger. They don't necessarily
have to put it on buns.

The day after that we went down to Urawa for splits with the Zone
Leaders. I worked with Elder Broberg. We walked around 20 km in a few
hours and found a ton of people. Urawa area is about 1/3 the size of
Okegawa, so we walked pretty far. We also stayed at their apartment
that night.

The next few days consisted of us trying to make appointments and
lessons happen. Thankfully, we were fed pretty often this week. On
Thursday we went to the Kokai family's house and had yakiniku. I also
tried cow tongue for the first time and I must say it was very good.
Nice and firm with a good flavor. It was a little weird tasting
something that normally does the tasting though. The next day we had a
zone meeting down in Urawa, where we received training on lots of
stuff. We also had a lesson set with a college student named
Kozutsumi. He's pretty much the miracle of the week. We met him on the
train at the beginning of this transfer. He said he was interested but
very busy because he was studying for the college entrance exam, which
is a HUGE deal here. Instead, he gave us his number and said to call
him in February. Literally on the first of the month we called him up
asking to meet for lunch. We met near our old apartment for tsukemen,
which is ramen but the noodles sit outside of the soup so you dip them
in. After talking and getting to know home we asked if he was reading
the Book of Mormon we gave him. He said yes and wanted to meet more to
talk about it. Every week on Friday we will meet him and hold lessons
but that's not all. We invited him to church. Despite it being far, he
had interest and decided to come. He stayed for the whole 3 hours. He
said that it want what he expected, and that he liked it and will
continue to come every week! He's pretty much golden. Big thanks to
our members who did a lot of the fellow shipping themselves.

Oh so yesterday was Valentine's Day. I actually got stuff. I think
it's sad that as a missionary I got more valentines than before I left
on my mission but oh well. Japanese valentines is a little backward.
Because men are shy, the girl buys chocolate and gives to her
prospective Valentine. If the guys accepts, he buys her chocolate
back. If not, he eats the chocolate and the girl never gets any. Super
easy in my opinion.

Thanks for tuning in this week. I'm glad to be spending another
transfer (hopefully) in Okegawa. I'll update you all with my progress!
Here are some pictures.
Picture 1: Saitama zone- not really current anymore because transfers
but oh well
Picture 2: dinner with the Kokai family
Picture 3: picture with Elder Yoshinos "bouquet"- Hiroki is wearing
the blue in the middle. He's Kodas son
Picture 4: Eikaiwa!
Picture 5: dinner last night at the sugawara's- we had Japanese

kimchi, which was very good





No comments:

Post a Comment