I am Elder Brett Moore, an LDS Missionary serving in the Japan Tokyo Mission from September 2015 - September 2017. I can be emailed while on the mission at: brett.moore@myldsmail.net

Elder Brett Moore

Elder Brett Moore

Monday, February 22, 2016

Week 21- 2/22/16 I'm So Tired

Hey it's that time of the week again, and you know what that means?
You have to suffer through another of my emails. This last week was
quite the adventure. I'll fill you all in.

So the first two days of the week were pretty much getting Elder
Yoshino and Elder Jensen packed up to go home/other areas. The
apartment was so messy and we barely got any time for missionary work
in. On Wednesday I met Elder Sato at the eki (station) and we went to
the apartment. He's transfer 11, and goes home in November of this
year. A lot of things changed here in Okegawa because we are now five
people in the apartment instead of 4, all crammed together in a living
space for probably three. It's all actually pretty fun until night
time. We all sleep in the same room because the living room is the
only room big enough and one of the Elders in the other companionship
snores. Loud. Like it sounds like someone is moving a heavy table
across sandpaper. I have gotten very little sleep in the past few
nights.

All in all though, I'm enjoying Elder Sato. He doesn't speak as much
English as Elder Yoshino did but I'm okay with that. Having your first
two companions be native speakers is a huge blessing. I've learned a
lot of slang. Speaking of slang, I taught a 60 year old Japanese man
what the slang term "clutch" meant. Now he says it at every
opportunity at Eikaiwa and I absolutely die laughing. Just imaging an
old man with a horrible Japanese accent say "How clutch is that?" Or
"Dude that's so clutch." His name is Tiger Woods (seriously) and he's
a riot.

We've walked a ton this week. Our investigators have been busy this
week so we haven't taught. Because of this we have to do streeting. I
think in the first 2 days Elder Sato was my companion we walked 40km.
Our phone tracks our progress. We walked over 100,000 steps in the
space of like 7 hours. It also rained HARD on Saturday, so that was an
adventure. But things are going good with us. We're going to try and
set a baptismal goal with Koda this Saturday and meet with another
solid sounding investigator named Sugino this Thursday. I'll attach
pictures below. Thank you for tuning in everybody! Talk to y'all next
week!

Picture 1: Elder Yoshinos last dinner with Kazuhisa. We had kimchi
flavored Natto, which was not good. For this of you who don't know,
natto is fermented soybean with the smell and taste of sweaty gym
shorts, which mucusy strings like boogers holding it all together.
Picture 2: language study. I'm translating Preach my Gospel
Picture 3: I forgot to put the hood back on my raincoat. This was five
minutes of walking in the rain. I felt like I just got out of the
shower

Video: Elder Sato eating Sour Patch Kids sour dust





No comments:

Post a Comment