I am Elder Brett Moore, an LDS Missionary serving in the Japan Tokyo Mission from September 2015 - September 2017. I can be emailed while on the mission at: brett.moore@myldsmail.net

Elder Brett Moore

Elder Brett Moore

Monday, February 8, 2016

Week 19- 2/8/16 We Moved Apartments

19

It's official, we finally moved! We will keep the same mailing address because our mail all goes to the mission office. I'm just gonna say it right now, the
apartment is wonderful. It's pretty big and probably the best part is
we have a heated toilet seat now, which is really good since we wake
up to snow sometimes. The only downside is we are literally right next
to other houses, so when we hang up laundry it gets kind of awkward.
It's an interesting way to meet the neighbors but missionaries are
weird anyways. I'll start my account from the top I guess.

Last Monday we didn't really do much. We had a Saitama zone p day and
did bowling but other than that it was a nice day to chill, which was
greatly appreciated. On Tuesday I went on splits with one of the
elders in the apartment. Since Elder Yoshino is the district leader,
he has to do splits with every elder in the district at least once per
transfer. This time I went with Elder Jensen. We taught a pretty good
lesson to a recent convert about 2 Nephi chapters 1 and 2. I strongly
recommend you read them. Chapter one is about strengthening ourselves
against trials and temptations, and chapter two is pretty much Lehi's
testimony of the plan of salvation. Read it!

Wednesday was a pretty basic missionary day. We walked a ton since we
knew we weren't going to get much missionary work done in the next few
days. We walked all over Ageo. Not much success but we did have a
bunch of contacts, and found a guy who met missionaries before, and
said he might contact us later, so that's something!

Thursday was the start to the madness. Our Thursday's are usually
pretty boring since they are also our weekly planning day. After
planning, we started the process of packing ourselves, and the
apartment. We cleaned, we scrubbed, we swept, we dusted, we packed.
However, Elder Yoshino and I took a break and met with an old
investigator from two years ago named Sugino. He's pretty much 金人
(kinjin, or golden investigator). We taught him about the spirit and
prayer and got to know him. Apparently we lived in the same prefecture
about an hour away! Crazy! He was so receptive and said he'd meet us
again!

Friday and Saturday was packing, moving, and unpacking. Really not
much happened there so I don't think I need to cover it. A couple
elder from the 本部 (head quarters) came down with cars to help. All in
all it took about 8 hours to get everything to the new apartment but
we all had a good time. Still no oven. We have a fish
oven but I didn't know how to use it. All the instructions are in
Japanese and I don't have time to study those terms

Also, our investigators are doing well. We haven't been able to
contact Tonagi directly but we call him everyday. We still need to
reset his baptismal date. Also, Koda is doing amazing. We've been
getting him and Hiroki introduced to the ward members. Brother Kakiki
is our ward mission leader and he's honestly amazing. He talked to
Koda for a bit after church and told us he's pretty much ready to be a
member. We just need to set a date. I really hope I don't transfer
this week. I really want to see this family through. I've grown to
love them so much. They're so honest and want to improve. They have
that desire. Anyways that's pretty much it. I've got pictures from our
last district meeting and from last night. Brother Kakiki invited us
to dinner. The Japanese really know how to make good fried chicken.
Best stuff I've ever had. And it's all home-fried! anyways I'll attach
those below. Maybe some pictures of the apartment in a seperate email.

We had an earthquake last night. We were at a dinner
appointment with the ward mission leader (picture attached). It actual happened as we were taking the picture. His family
is great.

Transfers are next week. I'll be getting a new companion for sure,
maybe transferring to a new area. I really don't want to leave though.
Our area is about to explode with baptisms. Combined, we have 4
serious investigators with tons of interest.

Thanks for reading everybody! まった来週!

Also please do read 2 Nephi 1-2. They're really good chapters
モア長老
My bed

My bed

Tiny kitchen

My study area
Ward mission leader Brother Kakiki and family

Picture from our last district meeting

No comments:

Post a Comment