I am Elder Brett Moore, an LDS Missionary serving in the Japan Tokyo Mission from September 2015 - September 2017. I can be emailed while on the mission at: brett.moore@myldsmail.net

Elder Brett Moore

Elder Brett Moore

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Week 23- 3/7/16 Everybody's Sick

こんにちは皆さん!元気ですか?

Yes P day has rolled around once more. Time for you to be subjected to
another of my emails. Let's start at the beginning. This week was
honestly a blur. Not because it went fast but because I don't remember
anything. Everybody was getting kind of sick this week. Our District
leader Elder Alder has had a pretty bad cold, and Elder Sato caught
one too. On Friday we took a few hours to rest during the day because
none of us were feeling very well.

We haven't had much success in the way of missionary work either. We
changing our approach to working through the members. We haven't found
anybody this transfer. It hard though because the Japanese don't like
to share personal aspects of their lives, so getting them to invite
friends to church or activities is haaaard. We've been focusing a lot
on the younger generation. The church is actually dying in Japan.
People just aren't getting married or having kids. A big number of
members here is old people. We've been focusing super hard on
strengthening the younger generation and its working pretty well.

Anyways, as I said not much happened this week. We were fed by a
member family. They bought super high quality sushi for us. Honestly
it was all so good. I felt kind of bad the next day though. I think I
shocked my system by not eating raw fish for a few years then suddenly
eating a ton at once. I'll attach a picture of what we ate.

We also got in a few lessons win Koda and he's doing great! During
planning I prayed for two things to happen on Saturday. I wanted a new
person to come to English class (because the only people that come
have been coming for years) and I wanted Koda to show up for ping pong
night. Well, on Saturday we got three new people at Eikaiwa, and Koda
with his kids showed up to Eikaiwa. He's reading everyday, and we were
able to teach, and set up a lesson for the net day which he showed up
for and accepted easily and readily. He's so awesome.

Well that's all. I don't have many pictures this week but I have some
from last week I forgot. Thank you for tuning in! まった来週皆さん!





No comments:

Post a Comment