I am Elder Brett Moore, an LDS Missionary serving in the Japan Tokyo Mission from September 2015 - September 2017. I can be emailed while on the mission at: brett.moore@myldsmail.net

Elder Brett Moore

Elder Brett Moore

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Week 42- 7/18/16 The one that started bad, but was pretty okay

Hey hey hey it's Elder Moore. Get ready and sit down because you're
gonna stand right back up.

This week was literally the slowest ever. All our lessons exploded in
our faces and fell through! But we pulled through and did even BETTER
than last week because my companion is freakin ganbarou. It's also been raining. A ton.
And when it's not raining, we die. The humidity is so high here and
I'm in a city so there's not much space or wind. Luckily we have air
conditioning.

This week we had two cool things, I went on splits with Elder Gibson,
who was in the MTC with me, and we had zone meeting. I had to give a
training on the Christlike attribute of virtue. It went fairly well.
We also got an entire family referred to us by our best member friends
the Weatherstons. We go over fairly often. On Sunday we hand-wrapped
200 gyoza with them, then ate them all. It was a pretty good time.

This week was pretty rough on the lessons but we found two new
investigators this week! Who says Urayasu can't find!? The most
promising is a man from Nigeria named Daniel (hey dad) and he's easily
one of the most prepared people ever. If it goes any further I'll
explain him more but it's about time we found someone around here. We
actually met him today and it went great. We also had zone p day where
we played football and ultimate frisbee at Daiba beach, then walked
around a bit. Pretty fun time. This week is a packed one and it only
gets busier from here. It's crazy that this transfer is already in
week 5. I feel like Elder Kenley and I just started.

Well that's it. Have fun with the pictures. There's a lot this week!
Picture 1: my favorite ramen shop
Picture 2: the big gun dam
Picture 3: Tokyo Zone P day 
Picture 4: preaching from my rock
Picture 5: Dinner at the Weatherstons

Picture 6: eating at the Weatherstons, but a different night 







No comments:

Post a Comment