I am Elder Brett Moore, an LDS Missionary serving in the Japan Tokyo Mission from September 2015 - September 2017. I can be emailed while on the mission at: brett.moore@myldsmail.net

Elder Brett Moore

Elder Brett Moore

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Week 43- 7/25/16 The One With Rain and Walking

Well hello hello again Mina-San, it's me, Elder Moore. Sorry for the
late email. It was temple p day today.

Let's get started on the week shall we. Week five was a busy one. We
did a whole bunch of walking and stuff. Also it rained a ton. Tokyo is
pretty humid to start with but when it rains, the humidity doubles and
you're drenched in sweat. Builds character I guess. President Nagano
says with every day you ride your bike in the rain you get a prettier
wife.

On p day this last week we went to Daiba beach. We also met our new
investigator Daniel. Unfortunately we haven't been able to contact him
a t all this week so that's a bummer but we'll keep trying. Tuesday
was a pretty good day as well. We walked pretty much clear across the
area (about 25 Km by the end of the day) and met with some people we
hardly visit. They were happy to see us. We then walked back and
walked to a different place to visit some more people who we never
visit, who were also very happy to see us.

Wednesday, we walked far again and found another new person whose name
is Yuki. He's met missionaries before and has lived in America,
including New York and Vegas (I had a lot to say about that). We then
walked back in the muggy humidity and taught eikaiwa, our English
class. Thursday was pretty fun. We took the train down to the Honbu
(headquarters) for interviews. President Nagano talked to me how we'll
be needs solid missionaries to train and in two transfers we have
about 40 new missionaries coming in. He knows I want to train, and
depending on the results of this next transfer, I might be doing that
soon.

Saturday we went on splits with the zone leaders. We ate sushi with an
investigator named tsukushi and had a good time. That was also the day
Pokemon Go was released in Japan, so you know we hit up all the people
on the street, just waiting to be talked to. It was pretty fun.
There's been so many people walk around playing. It's a missionary's
dream.

Well that's pretty much it. This is the last week of the transfer and
I have a feeling I'm about to leave this blessed land of Urayasu. Oh
well, I've had a good run, and I've certainly left my mark on this
area. Email you all next week!

Urayasu District at the temple

my new desk, which I dub "mega-desk"

dinner at the Weatherston's again

No comments:

Post a Comment