I am Elder Brett Moore, an LDS Missionary serving in the Japan Tokyo Mission from September 2015 - September 2017. I can be emailed while on the mission at: brett.moore@myldsmail.net

Elder Brett Moore

Elder Brett Moore

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Week 44- 7/1/16 Out The Door

Yes hello it's me again. Just to amp the hype to this email I'm going
to tell you about transfers! I hope you're buckled in because you'll
shoot straight out of your seat when you find out about transfers at
the end of this email.

So this week was actually a pretty busy week. We had temple p day on
Tuesday, then on Wednesday we walked super far. For the last 4 days of
the transfer we just got loaded. We had lesson after lesson.

On Wednesday it was really sunny and hot. But in the space of 7
minutes, clouds came, I got totally soaked through, and the sun came
back out. The weather continued to show this pattern for the next few
days. We taught Hitoshi as well, and he's doing amazing. Thursday was
full of planning and stuff then on Friday we visited one of our
Chinese less actives, who unfortunately is returning to China in a few
days, so that was pretty surprising. He said he'd come to church
though.

Saturday was pretty much the prequel to Sunday. We had a service
project, lunch at the bishops, a lesson with Andy who is doin really
well, and we will talk about setting a baptism date very soon. He's
really changing his life. Impressive for a sixteen year old kid. Then
we had studies to do and by the time we finished it was time for the
real busy day which was Sunday. We saw a baptism, church, meetings,
fire sides, more meetings, and finally a meal appointment at the ward
mission leaders house.

And now the moment you've all been waiting for. As of today, the
beginning of transfer seven, Elder Moore
is.................................................


 Transferring. To Kiryu area. Literally half way across Japan. Its what
we Japanese missionaries call "mecha inaka" due to the fact it's all
rice fields. It's also one of the hottest areas in Japan, despite
being north. I'm very excited despite the fact I'm leaving this
blessed land of Urayasu. I've made a ton of good relationships and
have put my heart and soul here. I'm also sad to leave Elder Kenley,
because we work so well together. But I'm ready for the next
adventure. Because I'm transferring now, it's anticipated that I warm
up is area and then train when the big push of missionaries comes.
Well that's all for you folks. Here are some pictures.


lesson with Hitoshi

this is where Kiryu is

No comments:

Post a Comment