I am Elder Brett Moore, an LDS Missionary serving in the Japan Tokyo Mission from September 2015 - September 2017. I can be emailed while on the mission at: brett.moore@myldsmail.net

Elder Brett Moore

Elder Brett Moore

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Week 48- 8/29/16 Broken Rods and More Typhoons

   
This week was a very very exhausting week.
Monday was a typhoon. Tuesday was temple p day, which was nice, but we came back in a typhoon. Wednesday was actually pretty cool. We did radio Eikaiwa so I went to the local station and recorded myself speaking in English. I got a picture for your enjoyment. Thursday was where the week gets crazy. We wake up at five to catch the train to Oyama for Zone Conference. After that 6 hour conference, we hop in the car with the assistants who take us to the Honbu. That took about 3 hours. We get to Senzokuike and camp for the night in their apartment, prepping for the next day. Friday was the big one. We got up, ice and early, and traveled to Yokohama which is out of our mission. We went to Yokosuka Naval station for Elder Lewis' physical test. It was really interesting being back on an American military base. Felt just like home. I got to eat Barbeque ribs and taco bell while I was there. It was so good. After 12 hours, we finally got to leave. Saturday was spent getting home, then we buffed the gym floor at the church and made the members happy. Then Sunday was Sunday. I wish I could say more but I'm tired to the point where I'd rather not relive all the events that happened.
To make it all better, my bike broke. The axle rod in my back rear tire broke, and is irreplaceable and we can't repair it for a reasonable cost. So now my bike is getting scrapped and I have to get a new bike and have to go pick it up this Monday.
 All in all, it was a week of experiences and patience tests. Pictures!



Mmmm, Taco Bell


No comments:

Post a Comment