I am Elder Brett Moore, an LDS Missionary serving in the Japan Tokyo Mission from September 2015 - September 2017. I can be emailed while on the mission at: brett.moore@myldsmail.net

Elder Brett Moore

Elder Brett Moore

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Week 45- 8/8/16 The Very Hard Week

Welcome back everybody it's Elder Moore coming to you from the rice
fields in Kiryu. First few days in my area have been busy but good,
and we're seeing a ton of success. I guess I'll recap from the
beginning. After p day last week I went around with Elder Kenley and
said bye to all the people in Urayasu I had grown to love. There was a
massive rain storm on Tuesday but I was packing so we avoided it.

Wednesday was transfer day. Said my final good byes and hopped on the
trains with a small suitcase, a backpack and my bike. It was all well and good for about 45 minutes until I reached
my final station, where I was supposed to transfer onto the ryoumo
line, but there was no sign stating how to get there. So I lugged my
bags and bike around for a solid 30 minutes trying to find a help
desk. When I got to the ticket counter, I couldn't figure out how to
get to my desired station despite having bliss instructions. Luckily
the spirit guided my finger, and I was able to buy the right ticket.
Then it rained even harder when I got to Kiryu. We walked to Eikaiwa
in water up to our calves.

Kiryu is a fairly large area. It took my about 2 hours on an express
train to get here. I'm on the edge of civilization before we reach the
wilderness separating the east and west sides of Japan. The ward is
fairly small, only about 30 active members. However, we've seen a ton
of miracles and even have an investigator with a baptismal date. There
was also a huge summer festival going on, and we got to attend with
members and there non member friends. Then, I got to talk on a live
radio interview at the matsuri about missionary stuff. I also wore a
kimono for this interview. Pictures will follow.

It's also very hot in Kiryu. Apparently Gunma-ken in one of the
hottest prefectures in Japan so I guess it's my luck to get
transferred here in the middle of summer. Either way, things are
looking good in the rice fields. We had a lesson win our investigator
which president and sister Nagano attended. All in all there was ten
people at the lesson.
Well that's it for this week. I have pictures and stuff

Last night at the Weatherstons

saying bye to some friends

Saying bye to friends
The sweet kimono I wore for the radio interview

No comments:

Post a Comment