I am Elder Brett Moore, an LDS Missionary serving in the Japan Tokyo Mission from September 2015 - September 2017. I can be emailed while on the mission at: brett.moore@myldsmail.net

Elder Brett Moore

Elder Brett Moore

Friday, September 16, 2016

Week 50- 9/12/16 Unexpected News

Yes it's me. I'm sure you are all very anxious to hear about this
transfer calls outcome, but of course I'm going to make you all wait.
It gives a little incentive to read the whole thing. Also pictures.

This week was quite the busy one. It was like the first time since
week one where we stayed in our area for the most of the week. I'll
skip to Tuesday since that's the day we actually did stuff.

We met with our investigate Negishi! He's a referral from the bishop
and is one of the nicest old men ever. He has a ton of potential. We
went over for lunch and had intentions to talk about the Book of
Mormon, but his wife who doesn't like us too much came home (story of
my entire mission) and things got awkward. We just sat around and
drank prune juice. But all is well because we set up a different time!
On Wednesday we had intentions to bike to the mountain and cut grass
but a typhoon came and ruined that, so we went to a less active store
and hey gave us lunch as well. We then taught Eikaiwa. Thursday was
district meeting so we went down to Oizumi and ate some good Brazilian
food. I ate this massive burger. My stomach has shrunk but when it
comes to burgers, I still got it. We also taught our investigator
Shuma, who is progressing well towards his baptismal date on the 2nd
of October!
On Friday we went on splits with the Zone Leaders. I was with Elder
Newey. He worked in Urayasu and left before I got there so we had a
lot to talk about. He's a pretty good missionary and I learned a lot.
We visited the old folks home and I got called "handsome and cool" a
ton. The first counselor in the bishopric mentioned that I play bass
and now the care takers want me to play a rock show for all the old
people. I'll see if I can get permission for that. After splits we
visited some less actives who gave me a whole 1.5 liter bottle of
coca-cola and we biked through a mountain to visit a member who
complains that nobody visits. I know why now. It's freaking far.

On Saturday we went to the same market as we did on Wednesday and
helped sell stuff. I got called handsome again and bagged a ton of sea
weed. The mother of the family is less active because she lives far
and her husband is in the hospital but she loves us. Her son and his
family have gotten to love us too, and I won't be surprised if they
started taking the lessons. Things are going well in Kiryu.

It was supposed to rain really bad for the past 3 days but it's missed
us so far. Typhoons are literally the worst. To be honest I'm making
this email pretty long so you have to keep reading. I actually don't
know what's going on because we haven't received calls, but the zone
leaders called and told us one of us is transferring for sure.

And finally, the news you've ALL been waiting for...........

We got an oddball thrown at us. After spending one transfer in Kiryu
I'm transferring AGAIN to Abiko. It's an area a little closer to the
big city so I'm pretty excited. It's also not a huge area, which
another thing I'm excited about. My new companion is named Elder
Swenson and he's one transfer ahead of me.

Well that's it folks. Have a good week! Next time you here from me
it'll be from Abiko!

Kiryu zone conference

the new bike

the kids we teach English to

lunch at Stamina with the ZLs and our investigator

No comments:

Post a Comment