I am Elder Brett Moore, an LDS Missionary serving in the Japan Tokyo Mission from September 2015 - September 2017. I can be emailed while on the mission at: brett.moore@myldsmail.net

Elder Brett Moore

Elder Brett Moore

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Week 51- 9/19/16 Abiko Is All Hills

Hey everybody it's Elder Moore coming at you straight from the streets
of Abiko. This has been one long week what with transfers and all but
let's get started.

Monday and Tuesday were spent visiting members. All of them were
surprised I was out of here. As was I. I'd say it was sad but I didn't
really get to know anybody. I'm back in the city kind of. Abiko is
like half city and half rural. It's great though because I'm close
enough to Tokyo to have the Tokyo influence but far enough away as to
have some space. I love my new area. My companion also reminds me of Bryce Erbe so we get along great. Today we decided to start growing food so we can
spend less on groceries. We're growing beans and peppers. We bond
through gardening. Our apartment here is really small though.

Wednesday was transfer day. This crazy guy followed me for like two
hours while transferring. He kept trying to get me to take different
trains and go to other places with him. He was getting kind of creepy
but eventually he left so I got to Abiko safely. I realize the sun
never shines here. That's not a bad thing though because the one hour
it did it was hot.

Thursday we met with our investigator who will be baptized in a month
named Hiroki. We played some basketball and he invited a friend. The
friend had no interest but while we were playing some random kid
showed and started to watch us play. We invited him in and at first he
was super awkward. We could drive and blow right through him. However,
he learned fast. I've never seen anybody so good. Nobody could Garuda
him. He could sink a three from anywhere on the court. He could even
jump and hang off the rim. He was about as tall as me! He went from
not good at all to "why isn't he in the NBA? " status.

Thursday and Friday we had a bunch of meetings and visited members. We
went to the biggest LDS church in Japan for zone meeting. It has 5
stories and looks like a castle straight from a fantasy book. It was
beautiful. To be honest I don't remember what we did on Saturday. I
know we had a meeting and talked with a recent convert. It was good
though. We tag team teach and play with his cat.

Sunday was church. Today (Monday) we went to Costco. It's been so long
since good pizza. We also walked around a bit. It was so crowded.
Literally just hundreds of Japanese people looking at American things
and freaking out by how they come in bulk. Like cmon this is Costco
that's how we do. 

We have Elder Bednar coming to speak to us on October 14th so we're pretty excited for that. This will be my second apostle as a missionary. And as far as the language, I just need to learn words. I know enough grammar structure to be fluent, and everybody in my area thinks I'm fluent. They even mistook me for half Japanese at first.

Unfortunately I don't have ,many pictures so I hope y'all have a good week!

Costco

No comments:

Post a Comment