I am Elder Brett Moore, an LDS Missionary serving in the Japan Tokyo Mission from September 2015 - September 2017. I can be emailed while on the mission at: brett.moore@myldsmail.net

Elder Brett Moore

Elder Brett Moore

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Week 49- 8/5/2016 The One With A New Bike

Well hello hello everybody. Welcome to another busy week in the life
of Elder Moore. We seem to be busy every week here. We spent most of
our time outside the area.

Monday was spent preparing and emailing all you folks. We then went to
Kumagaya for splits. Oh and my bike broke on Monday, so for the entire
exchange I got to ride a mama-chari. It was pretty embarrassing. We
ate a ton at yakiniku and went on our way. Luckily we haven't had any
typhoons this week. There was supposed to be a really big one on
Monday but it missed us. We got back from splits on Wednesday and
spent the remainder of the day teaching Eikaiwa.

Thursday was also spent out of our area. This time we went to Oizumi,
a place in the mission nicknamed "little Brazil" for the amount of
Brazilians living in the area. After our district meeting we went put
to eat at a Brazilian sandwich shop. It was pretty good.

Friday was our first full day in the area. We started our day by going
to the bike shop only to find out my bike wasn't ready and I had to
wait another day. By this point I've walked a ton because nothing in
our area is within walking distance. The bishop let us borrow a bike,
but it turned out to be a girls child bike. That was even more
embarrassing than my escapade on Tuesday. Saturday we got the new bike
and it is amazing. That's pretty much it for the week. We walked a
ton. This week is the last week of the transfer. I'll let you all know how that is next Monday! Enjoy your week!

a hat I found in he Kumagaya apartment

the sick rainbow we saw on splits



No comments:

Post a Comment