I am Elder Brett Moore, an LDS Missionary serving in the Japan Tokyo Mission from September 2015 - September 2017. I can be emailed while on the mission at: brett.moore@myldsmail.net

Elder Brett Moore

Elder Brett Moore

Friday, December 2, 2016

Week 61- 11/28/16 When It Snowed Everywhere except Niigata

Hey everybody. Another week has flown by here in my own piece of
Winter Wonderland. You may have heard it snowed in Tokyo. Well it did
pretty much everywhere except here, the place that in famous (or
infamous) for its snow. I'm actually way confused when it's supposed
to start and Elder McIlrath and I are waiting in nervous anticipation.

This week started off way good. We had so many lessons planned and we
were way excited but by the time Thursday rolled around we only had
like 3 lessons. Literally 3/4 of our investigators canceled on us last
minute. At times like that the only thing you can do is suck it up,
put on your coat, and start hitting the streets. We put a huge focus
on the Book of Mormon this week, and we're able to hand out 5 in one
day,  and 3 in the next. That's pretty good for Niigata!

At the end of Thursday we took the train to Niigata for Zone
Conference the next day. Since it was thanksgiving we wanted to eat at
KFC because that's the closest it gets here to real turkey. We want in
and it's like 10 dollars for a 2 piece set and 20 dollars for a 9
piece so we were just like "ヤバッ、マックに行こう。" and went to mcdonalds. The
teriyaki burger is top notch.

We had Zone conference on Friday. It was way good. One of our focuses
was just "the gospel." What is it, why we have it, how can I teach it
better, how am I a successful missionary? It was really refreshing
because it was just a large testimony meeting. Saturday was new
missionary training. Then we took the train home and did ping pong
night. Then Sunday was Sunday.

I have good news. We set a baptismal date with our investigator Nitta
for December 10! He's a way good guy and we're all super excited.

Anyways I hope y'all had a good week. Thank you parents for sending me
pictures! I enjoyed them. Now here's my pictures.


custom truck we found

Niigata zone conference

decorated for Christmas (thanks mom!)


No comments:

Post a Comment