I am Elder Brett Moore, an LDS Missionary serving in the Japan Tokyo Mission from September 2015 - September 2017. I can be emailed while on the mission at: brett.moore@myldsmail.net

Elder Brett Moore

Elder Brett Moore

Monday, January 9, 2017

Week 67- 1/9/17 Getting Wet Having Fun

Hello famiry!
Welcome to another week in the life of Elder Moore! On this weeks episode of "it didn't snow in Nagaoka" I will be discussing my week! We started off with our New Years bash, which just means laying down all day reading or cleaning the entire apartment. 

Wednesday was when we actually went out and started our week. It was a pretty normal Wednesday however. We just found places to knock on doors and taught Eikaiwa. Thursday was a little busier. We did service for some old people and helped our English student memorize his text book, because that's how Japanese people study. 

Friday was way cool. We taught the Gwon family who we found last week. Teaching families is so nice. That must be how it feels in America. We've also been getting a good amount of referrals. One of those referrals even came to church. We then finished the day with guitar class, which is always fun. 

Saturday was extremely busy. We took the train down to Joetsu for District meeting, then had an exchange. After that exchange we came back, had some singing practice and taught TOEIC class, which the preparation class for a huge English test in Japan. If you have a good score you can get hired in more places. On Sunday we accidentally housed an old folks home and this old man came out and started yelling at us and calling us a plethora of mean words. He wouldn't have fought though. I probably could have won. Now I'm here talking to y'all. We're on our way to Niigata today for a zone p-day and Elder McIlrath and I already decided we're are going to go to all-you-can-eat barbecue. It's been a while since we've had an astoundingly large amount of meat. 


Next week is transfer calls. Next time you here from me I will probably have news about that. On to transfer 11! I think I'm out of here because I'm finished up a new missionary. We'll see tough. Till next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment