I am Elder Brett Moore, an LDS Missionary serving in the Japan Tokyo Mission from September 2015 - September 2017. I can be emailed while on the mission at: brett.moore@myldsmail.net

Elder Brett Moore

Elder Brett Moore

Monday, January 16, 2017

Week 68- 1/16/17 Snow Removal Team 6

Old man winter has decided to finally make a stop off in Nagaoka because it hasn't stopped snowing since Tuesday night. We get to walk through snow up to our hips in some places. I take back everything I said about the snow here because it snows A LOT. 

To be honest this week was one of the most busily-boring weeks of my mission. We didn't have a full day in our area until Saturday, and that was spent shoveling the church and making a pathway for cars which didn't happen. The Branch President eventually just called in a bulldozer. That'll get it done.

Monday we went up to Niigata for a zone p day and zone meeting the next day. We pretty much just played frisbee is the cold. It started to sprinkle snow and the wind was going everywhere. Tuesday was the zone meeting I mentioned before. 
Wednesday was another busy day because we went in the exact OPPOSITE direction of Niigata to help the Joetsu elders move apartments. That wouldn't have been horrible except for it started snowing Tuesday night and we woke up with a good 6 inches on the ground. So we rode our bikes through it. Again and again and again. We moved an apartment in a snow storm. I ended having to just push my bike through the snow. Now I have an idea of what the pioneers went through. Thursday was spent getting back to our area and doing some service and teaching English. 
Friday was interviews! I got to see President Nagano. We went back up to Niigata and had a good chat. We also had a ton of appointments that day but they all fell through one by one. 
Saturday was really just spent shoveling and talking about how to get the Branch members pumped for missionary work. We're going to hold a fireside and talk about how to treat people and be nice when they come to church. My challenge for all of you is to greet an investigator at church!
Sunday was Sunday. A very busy Sunday.
Today is transfer calls. I'm sure everybody is shaking with excitement on where the heck Elder Moore is going. Well, I've got News for you. 
I, Elder Moore, will be transferring out of Nagaoka now that the snow has started and going to Oyama, with Elder Sharon, who was with me in the MTC so I'm pretty excited. Oh I'm
also a district leader now. Turns out I can do stuff like lead
apparently!

That's all for this week. Pictures.
day one of snow

in Niigata for interviews

Snow Removal Team 6

day 3 of snow
Church

No comments:

Post a Comment