I am Elder Brett Moore, an LDS Missionary serving in the Japan Tokyo Mission from September 2015 - September 2017. I can be emailed while on the mission at: brett.moore@myldsmail.net

Elder Brett Moore

Elder Brett Moore

Sunday, January 29, 2017

Week 69- 1/23/17 Life in Oyama

Well hello everybody. I made the transfer safely to Oyama. I only had
to ride like one train after the bus and it was super easy. I
accidentally led a couple of other missionaries to the wrong train
though. That's what they get for trusting me I guess.

I'm liking life in Oyama. My companion was with me in the MTC so we
already knew each other. He's been in the area for three transfers now
before me. Other than getting up and moving to a new area, life has
been fairly normal. District Leadering is pretty fun. Everybody is
slamming with lessons right now so that takes a lot of worry from my
back.

Fun story. I a, an 雨男, which just means I bring rain everywhere I go.
Well Oyama has some pretty decent weather. However, on the one day
when water actually did fall from the sky, it snowed. I
brought snow from Nagaoka to here. But I'm enjoying this new area so
far. The ward is so much bigger than the one in Nagaoka, and there's a
youth program and kids. There's also people under the age of sixty in
my ward, which is great.

I don't actually have much to say this week other than life being
extremely normal. Elder Sharon and I figured we can get an all you can
eat Indian food buffet here so we may try that today. It's been a
while since I've had Indian food. I hope every body has a good week
and enjoy your lives!

The bus ride from Nagaoka and my new area. 

The bus ride from Nagaoka and my new area. 
                              

No comments:

Post a Comment