I am Elder Brett Moore, an LDS Missionary serving in the Japan Tokyo Mission from September 2015 - September 2017. I can be emailed while on the mission at: brett.moore@myldsmail.net

Elder Brett Moore

Elder Brett Moore

Thursday, August 10, 2017

Week 96- 7/31/2017 I'm Completely Out Of Witty Titles

Yep that time has come. I can't think of a good title. You already
know it's hot, and that I'm tired and all such so I'll spare you the
details.

We had a pretty good week. Got to teach some lessons and such. I like
teaching much more than I like finding, but in order to teach you have
to find.
Last Monday we just had a normal p day. Of course played some
basketball and stuff. Did that today as well. It's pretty much the
Elders p day tradition here but it's fun. I didn't really enjoy
basketball before my mission but I'm actually enjoy it now.

Tuesday was a day of appointments. We helped at the service center
place as usual. Played uno with some kids and got absolutely
destroyed. We also had a meal appointment with a member who was less
active when I was here last year. Key word was. He came back to church
since I've been away and he took us out to eat to thank me for all the
times we met him. It's those ripples. At first it doesn't seem like we
do much, but somebody along the way gets helped and that's all that
matters.

Wednesday was interviews. It was also raining way hard. It sounded
like somebody was banging thousands of tiny hammers on hour door and
balcony. So I got to talk to president Nagano. I only have one more
interview with him and I'm out of this joint. But really it was pretty
sobering. I got my "dying letter" this week with instructions on how
to go home with my flight itinerary. We then ate some large bowls of
meat and rice and taught Eikaiwa.

Thursday was splits. I was on split with Elder Ogawa, the other
Japanese elder in the apartment. We taught a lesson to our
investigator Keiichi and it didn't go too good. He was a little
confrontational and anytime we had to take time to think about
something he started to get on us and ask things like "cmon don't you
know? You call yourself Christian?" Pretty intense. Elder Ogawa did a
very good job at keeping his cool though

Goodness this email is long. Friday was pretty much weekly planning.
Saturday was softball and mission school. Sunday was church. Pretty
good week. We hug out today with a less active in a place called
ameyoko, which is pretty much stereotypical Asian street markets.
Pretty fun. Hope everybody has a good week!

Picture 1- 
Picture 2-
our sweet District picture

my sweaty face and the letter

No comments:

Post a Comment