I am Elder Brett Moore, an LDS Missionary serving in the Japan Tokyo Mission from September 2015 - September 2017. I can be emailed while on the mission at: brett.moore@myldsmail.net

Elder Brett Moore

Elder Brett Moore

Friday, August 18, 2017

Week 98- 8/14/2017 ぎりぎり

Hello Everybody! Can you believe it? You only have to receive one more
email from me after this! Then we can talk whenever we want! I have
quite the week for you full of ups and downs so sit back with a cup of hot
chocolate (of course) and your reading glasses.

Of course we played basketball last week. I was on fire. Unfortunately
too on fire. I pulled a pretty good fake and my companion rolled his
ankle so that slowed us down this week. I've started the long process
of packing this week.

Tuesday was pretty busy and fun. We met the koiwa elders to meet a
referral they gave us. He only has one leg so we had to go on an
adventure to find a wheelchair somewhere. We ate curry and had a
wonderful lesson. We also helped out at the disability center and
unfortunately it was my last time there.

Wednesday was full of planning and stuff. We also had a lesson with
Keiichi and some of his concerns came up. We also taught Eikaiwa. We
had to do some preparation to run down to Koiwa the next day.

On Thursday I got to go on splits with my trainee, Elder McIlrath! Do
y'all remember him? It was just like old times except he speaks more
Japanese and I speak lots of Japanese. He's my zone leader now. We
found a guy on the street who met us and was like "did you come here
for me?" And all we could do was stare at him and say "yeah." But it
was really fun. Really long and tiring day but we had a good time. Sad
knowing that was my last exchange but at least it was with my own son!

Friday was a day of getting back to Urayasu and doing more stuff. I
gave my last District Meeting as District Leader and it was pretty
good I think. We all learned a lot. Then as per tradition we ate curry
as a group of Elders.

Saturday was a busy day. We worked out with our ward mission leader
and had a lunch appointment with a member I helped bring back to
activity and sort of a bye-bye thing. Had way tasty sushi. We also
were supposed to have a lesson with Keiichi but he didn't show. Turns
out he doesn't want to learn from us anymore so there goes our
baptismal date. Unfortunate really.

Sunday was spiritual. I had to bear my final testimony this week. I
told myself I wouldn't cry but I did it again. On the bright side lots
of other people cried as well so that's a win. I'm heading I tot he
final week of my mission! Let's hope it's a good one. Oh we also had
transfers. My replacement is an elder named Elder Price, so I get to
show him around for a week. He's my 14th companion.


This store has the same name as me!

Splits with my boy!

sushi bowl!

No comments:

Post a Comment