I am Elder Brett Moore, an LDS Missionary serving in the Japan Tokyo Mission from September 2015 - September 2017. I can be emailed while on the mission at: brett.moore@myldsmail.net

Elder Brett Moore

Elder Brett Moore

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Week 5- 10/29/15

Konnichiwa Mina-san!!!

Week 5 has been completed here in the MTC. Crazy stuff has happened but all according to missionary life. Lets get started, shall we? Hajimete!

First and foremost, Elder Anderson spoke to us. It was easily the best devotional I've ever been to. He highlighted the 4 key aspects of Missionary life. Sacrifice, Opposition, Adversary, Deliverance. Every one of those four words applies to missionaries. Every missionary has sacrificed something to be on a mission, Every missionary experiences opposition, the adversary is real and is working hard to slow the work, and deliverance. Deliverance effected me particularly. Christ is the ONLY one who ever had to experience anything alone. We do not need to face our trials without Him, and as we diligently seek Him, He will be there. John 14:18 states "I will not leave you comfortless, I will come to you." With that promise, why would we ever try to attempt anything without Him? The atonement isnt just for sin. Through the atonement, we feel companionship, comfort, courage, anything to uphold us in our time of need. Because Christ performed this sacred act, He knows us and our trials.

I have been thinking a lot of the saviors sacrifice. When you think about it, we are not giving back a equal trade. These two years are never enough to compensate what He did for us. He doesn't ask of much in comparison of what the Father asked of Him. It makes me determined to try my hardest. All of us are incredibly indebted to Him, and all he asks in return is to follow Him. It is not a fair trade. My love for the savior has increased ten-fold. I feel His love every day. I told dad about a video you guys should watch. It teaches us how we can see people the way Christ does. Through that, we feel His love

The rest of the week has been fairly normal. I teach a lot. My investigators are progressing on tract and I love teaching them. My true realization came however, during TRC. In TRC, we teach native speakers. Its always a little stressful because you cant really understand what they're saying. However, this time was different. I understood every word. I didn't have to use my dictionary. I was able to just teach. That is the blessing of the MTC. I still suk at Japanese and I'm certainly not perfect, but little victories like that motivate me and keep me learning. Theres no way without the spirit I could do this. 

It's been getting colder here and I love it. Only three more weeks and I'll be in Japan, so send all the mail you can until it gets expensive! Pictures to come!

God be with you till me meet again!


Elder Moore




No comments:

Post a Comment