I am Elder Brett Moore, an LDS Missionary serving in the Japan Tokyo Mission from September 2015 - September 2017. I can be emailed while on the mission at: brett.moore@myldsmail.net

Elder Brett Moore

Elder Brett Moore

Thursday, November 12, 2015

Week 7- Nov 12, 2015

Konnichiwa Mina-san!!!!

Week 7 has been completed and done. Things are starting to wrap up here at the MTC. We teach a ton here but what else is new. My emails probably sound really boring. Im sorry about that but Im sure it will pick up when I reach my mission area.

Speaking of mission area, we should get our flight plans tomorrow and our Japanese nametags within the next few days. I will of course send pictures when I get my tag. Heads up, it looks like this:

 モーア長老

 末日聖徒
イエス。キリスト
  教会

Isn't that legit?

I know we're all excited to get to Japan here but for me it feels like I'm returning home. This next week will probably be the slowest one yet.

However, some noteworthy things happened this past week.
We started our skype TRC calls last week, and yesterday we had another lesson. It was going well until my companion used the impolite way of saying thank you (yeah, that exists) and we got chewed out. Our member stopped the lesson, and just lectured us on how since we're missionaries, we always talk up and how everybody is on a social level higher than us. We were just trying to help her grow closer to Christ, but that instantly drove away the spirit. So that was a humbling experience.

However, this week was the best for one reason. On tuesday night, the sisters in our district have this old guy who gives them secrets about he MTCs plans. He let drop that Elder Anderson was going to speak. This time, was interesting. He told them that the MTC was serving Chik-fil-a. mThis seemed very unlikely but after 7 weeks of MTC food you build up your hopes. Well, lo and behold, old guy came through. The MTC served Chik-fil-a sandwiches to all the missionaries. We were all so happy. Me especially. We got to have extra as well. Easily one of my favorite days. We all ate to our bellys content.

Lastly, my teaching and speaking has improved so much. i didnt really realize this until we got kohai, who are awesome by the way. You really dont know how much you know until you have to explain it to an investigator or another missionary. I can almost say whatever I want. It may not be comprehensible, or grammatically correct, but I can do it. Our kohai are so cool. I've loved getting to know them and teach them. I actually know a few from my days in Japan. We all sit together at lunch, stop by during the day, and hang out during personal time at the dorms. I love them all. Luckily, all of them are going to my mission, so I could end up as their companions some time.

Well mina-san, I'm glad you took the time to read this. If you have any friends who would like to hear my story, send me their email. I love getting mail. Also, if you wish to send me mail, do it NOW. I leave in 11 or 12 days and if you dont want to spend an arm and a leg on postage, I suggest you send it while I'm in provo. 

Thanks for tuning in. God be with you till we meet again. This is Elder Moore, signing off.






モーア長老

No comments:

Post a Comment