I am Elder Brett Moore, an LDS Missionary serving in the Japan Tokyo Mission from September 2015 - September 2017. I can be emailed while on the mission at: brett.moore@myldsmail.net

Elder Brett Moore

Elder Brett Moore

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Letter to Dad 10/22/15

 
Crazy to think My mission is 1/24 of the way completed. Its honestly gone pretty fast. I'm dying to get to Japan. I've learned so much its crazy. However, I realize my time in the MTC is important. Everytime I

think I'm ready to leave, we enter a lesson and theres a moment where I literally can't explain what I want to say and just look like an idiot. However, my skill has increased to the point where I dont have to look in my learning books to give a lesson. I know enough bunpo (grammar) and tango (vocab) to have a decent gospel converstion. My speaking is crazy. 

Its very interesting how the spirit and the Lord bolster missionaries. There have been times where I'm bearing testimony during TRC (real native speakers) and I'll be saying one thing then the next thing I know, my testimony is over, my investigator is in tears, and my companion just looks stunned. I remember in one of our last TRCs. I couldnt remember how to structure something I learned that day. So I just started talking about the simple truths. Before I knew it, I was literally watching myself speak perfect japanese. The best part is that my investigator was watching and I saw the moment when the spirit took hold. Now I understand what President Monson says about "the light in there eyes."

Sadly, not many people contact me. Please spread my email around.

Theres no way, a boy like me should be able to speak with such conviction and power, in a language that literally has 5 different words to say 'give' but I do. And all that is attributed to the spirit. 

seirei ni yotte, watashitachi no akashi wa tsuyomeru ni naru koto ga dekiru da to shitte imasu. Throught the spirit, our testimonies can become strong. You should see my scriptures. I started marking them last week in just the Book of Mormon with things that would be useful to an investigator. I'll send a picture later but I have so many tabs sticking out of just my BoM. I'll New testiment next week.

Tell everyone I said Hi! Miss you guys but theres nowhere I'd rather be (except Japan of course).

Talk to you later,

Elder Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment