I am Elder Brett Moore, an LDS Missionary serving in the Japan Tokyo Mission from September 2015 - September 2017. I can be emailed while on the mission at: brett.moore@myldsmail.net

Elder Brett Moore

Elder Brett Moore

Thursday, November 19, 2015

Week 8- 11/19/15 Packing Up


Konnichiwa Mina-san!!!!

Last week in the MTC! Got my flight plans last friday and my Japanese nametags yesterday! Its official, I'm going to Nihon! Goodness I'm so excited. i just want to leave now. I've [pretty much packed nearly everything. I have to wake up at 3:30 am Monday morning, and my flight leaves at 8:45. I think its around a thirteen hour flight but we're not all entirely sure. I'm not really sure what I'm going to do for the plane. Hopefully I'll sleep for some of it but I think me and another district member are just going to play monkeys in a barrel the whole time. We've recently gotten interested in that game (life in the MTC). I've been making a ton of flash cards. Anyways, I'll give you a recap of last week.

So we pretty much sat in anticipation for this last week. We tried our hardest to stay focused. As district leader, I go and check the mail, and whenever I came back with no flight plans everybody would be sad. However, it was pretty much a party when we did get them. We've been spending a lot of time with our kohai. Last night we pretty much sat in my dorm and ate food. Attached are pictures of the zone on our sunday temple walk. 

Other than that, teaching has been going good. We've been talking to Yoshida about his dad and how forgiveness is a key part of Christs doctrine. We've also been talking about faith and repentance with Ina, our other investigator. Last night, we had another Skype TRC. It was the same person who chewed us out last week. By the end of the lesson, she was saying how she was surprised how well our Japanese has improved in a week and how well we helped her feel the spirit. The gift of tongues is real everybody. It was a very good lesson and she has committed to working harder to have faith. I cant talk about everything, but I will say that more than one testimony was strengthened that night. 

I can't tell you how much the MTC has helped not only my language skill, but my faith. This is dedicated ground. We walk with the spirit everyday here to the point where if you dont feel it, it feels weird. Anyways, my next email will be from Japan! I'm sure it will be much more interesting. 


Thank you for tuning it everybody! This is Elder Moore, signing off.






New name tag

"That's Elder Arnold. He is our favorite vacuum"


No comments:

Post a Comment