I am Elder Brett Moore, an LDS Missionary serving in the Japan Tokyo Mission from September 2015 - September 2017. I can be emailed while on the mission at: brett.moore@myldsmail.net

Elder Brett Moore

Elder Brett Moore

Monday, May 2, 2016

Week 31- 5/2/16 Medically Related Selfies

Hello again everybody! Hopefully these aren't just going into your
spam box because I've got some good stories this week. I'll start with
my investigators.

We've got two we're really focusing on. One is absolutely amazing, and
the other is stubborn as a mule. I'll start with good news first. We
met Andy a few days ago and Elder Masterson and Elder Abercrombie were
on splits on the day we were supposed to teach him. However, I finally
got to meet him this week. He's sixteen, and wants to know about the
truth. Well we got it for you buddy. We went through the restoration
and told him how he can know truth. I think he really likes the
concept of prayer, because when we told him he could learn the truth
of all things through prayer, his next answer was "how do I pray?"
He's super awesome and really smart. Easily one of the nicest people
I've taught so far.

Our next investigator is Tomoki, and he's quite the adventure. He's a
referral from one of the families in the ward, and this means we get
told what to do a lot, which I don't particularly like. Tomoki said he
thinks our message is nice, and if it's true he'll believe, but won't
take any necessary steps to learning if it's true. He believes in the
Shinto belief about God, which means he believes in several hundred
gods. We told him that the only way to find out this message is true
is to ask, but he's a stubborn guy, and won't bother to do it. We may
end up just dropping him this week once we finish teaching him
doctrine, because it would be useless to teach commandments if he has
no intention of following them.

Other than that, our life is normal. We had interviews this week with
the Naganos. Oh and the sisters investigator was baptized. We have
effectively increased our baptism statistic in Urayasu by 400% in the
past 2-3 months. We set the standard for this mission as well so far.
By the looks of things, we'll be getting another few baptisms next
month as well.

Now here's the interest part of this email. I fixed my nose a few days
ago. It's always been a little crooked because an injury from
wrestling, but I got it knocked back straight during basketball. I
failed to catch a pass (with my hands) from across the court, and just
took it to the nose. It bled for a few hours and hurt like the dickens
for the next two days but the doctor said it was broken, or I just
re-aligned it. Anyways, thank you for the free plastic surgery! I had
to send in pictures to the doctor, hence the name of the email.

Well that's it for all of you. Thank you for tuning in!
Picture 1- Tsukushi, Elder Wilkes, Shohei, and I after Eikaiwa
Picture 2- Kei Nara's baptism
Picture 3- an old friend showed up to church. I met McKay a few years
ago at SMYC and he apparently lives here







No comments:

Post a Comment