I am Elder Brett Moore, an LDS Missionary serving in the Japan Tokyo Mission from September 2015 - September 2017. I can be emailed while on the mission at: brett.moore@myldsmail.net

Elder Brett Moore

Elder Brett Moore

Monday, May 23, 2016

Week 34- 5/23/16 Drunk Turkes and National TV

Well hello hello it's me. I'm going to tell you about my life in Japan now.

So this week I have literally nothing to talk about. We had one lesson
with our investigators (of which there are 2) and just did a whole lot
of missionary work. However, it was one of the most exhausting, and
fun weeks of my mission for some reason.

We started in the hospital. I talked about that. Tuesday all our
investigators canceled on us so we did a whole lot of surprise dendo
(missionary work). We also had a zone conference, but it rained so
hard. I forgot to mention that we found out that Elder Mastersons bike
got a whole in the tire, so we just so happened to get to walk around
everywhere in the pouring rain. If you think we'd find investigators
just for doing that you're wrong. Japanese people are scared of the
rain and nobody was outside.

Wednesday was Eikaiwa, where we teach people English. I swear by the
time I get back to the states I'll be a certified English teacher. We
also went back to the hospital and found out Elder Masterson actually
doesn't have diabetes. Thursday was weekly planning and Friday was
normal. We scheduled a dinner on Friday though so that's nice. We get
to go over in two weeks.

Saturday we had the beach clean up. Eyes one tiny beach in our eared
and once a month we clean. There's always a butt ton of garbage. Like,
we found half of a scooter. Moped scooter. Then two mascots showed up.
Totally huge publicity stunt. I got pictures.

I'll tell you about today as well. We had a zone p day and played
capture the flag at yoyogi park, right next to Meiji jingu. After, we
went to a kebab place in roppongi. There's a rule that we can't be in
roppongi after six but I think I'm just going to avoid it forever.
While at the kebab place, the shop owners love missionaries (because
we eat kebabs and they're investigators) but the normal crowd doesn't.
We got some pretty nasty stuff said to us. We also went to ameyoko,
where I almost got to be on national television. I got my palm read
and he said I was protected by a sacred power because the middle of my
ha d has a cross on it. Well duh I'm a missionary. We told them we
were missionaries so I guess you could say I almost shared the gospel
with all of Japan but we told them they couldn't publish the footage
because one of us lost their tag during CTF. However, they recorded my
hand after that, so my hand is famous.

Well that's it everybody! Hope you all had a wonderful time!
Picture 1- Trash mascot and I
Picture 2- Both trash mascots, Hitoshi, and I

Picture 3- Tokyo East Zone- one of the smallest in the mission.






No comments:

Post a Comment