I am Elder Brett Moore, an LDS Missionary serving in the Japan Tokyo Mission from September 2015 - September 2017. I can be emailed while on the mission at: brett.moore@myldsmail.net

Elder Brett Moore

Elder Brett Moore

Monday, May 16, 2016

Week 33- 5/16/16 Goodness I'm So Tired

Yes it's me again. I hope everybody had a good week because mine was
long and tiring. I'm stuck in the hospital right now because every
time my companion eats sugar he gets dizzy so we decided to tell this
to sister Nagano today on p day instead of when it started and now I'm
here. So I figured I'd write my emails!

Really not much happened this week. It just felt really long because
of transfers. Even if the transfer doesn't affect you they still feel
taxing. We had a few lessons this last week but other than that,
nothing terribly exciting.

Recently we found out we need permission to teach our sixteen year old
investigator, Andy. So we called him up on Saturday and told him. He
said he already talked to his parents and they said that "it's good to
be looking for a religion" which is really strange for Japanese
parents. Usually they're super anti against religion but not these
ones. We can continue to teach Andy.

We had a district leader training in Koiwa this week as well so we
took the train over to the next area. As we were leaving, we saw a man
laying down on the ground in front of the entrance to the station with
a bunch of people surrounding him. We got closer and it seemed like he
was overdosing on something, so we told people to call the ambulance
(because they hadn't yet) and stayed by to make sure he's okay. That's
when he threw up everywhere and started shaking and coughing and
grunting. Scary stuff. Koiwa isn't the safest of places.

That's pretty much it. I've been so tired lately and just want to
sleep. This last transfer wore me out and by the looks of it, this
will be another rough one. Hopefully we'll start seeing some more
success because this is a rough area. Hospitals are so boring. Also
the Japanese is really hard. I figured out that 内視鏡室 means endoscope.
The literal meaning of the symbols are inside, inspection, speculum,
and room. Also, this hospital skips the numbers 4 and 7 because you
say "shi" which means death. That's pretty much it for the week. One
thing I've noticed is that Japanese people follow medical instructions
to the letter. I'm listening to old people say "yes. Yes. Roger that."
To all the instructions the nurses give. No wonder they live so long
here. Oh by the way I'm running on my 5th hour waiting in this
hospital. There's so many old people in Japan.

So we finally got out of the hospital. It's been six hours, our p day
is gone, and we have no new news on what's going on medically. Waste

of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment