I am Elder Brett Moore, an LDS Missionary serving in the Japan Tokyo Mission from September 2015 - September 2017. I can be emailed while on the mission at: brett.moore@myldsmail.net

Elder Brett Moore

Elder Brett Moore

Friday, December 9, 2016

Week 62- 12/5/16 When Will Winter Come?

Well hello again family, it's another episode of "Where the heck is Elder Moore?" Transfer nine is done and I'm now officially a transfer ten missionary. DOUBLE DIGITS. Anyways let's get started.

Last Monday was way cold. It still hasn't snowed here yet. Everybody else got snow except us. I'm starting to think this whole "nagaoka gets a lot of snow" stuff is just a bunch of lies because it's only been freezing rain. We got hail twice though. Anyways, we went about our normal day and went bowling with our investigator Miyajima. I was doing way good until I broke my finger nail. I was bowling nines or strikes until the 5th frame of the second game. We then went out to eat ramen and then he ran away because he's an enigma. We then raced home, grabbed our stuff, packed our bikes, and got on a train to Joetsu for splits. 

Tuesday was splits in Joetsu. I went with Elder Broberg. I've known him for my entire mission so that was fun. He was my zone leader when I was a bean in Okegawa. We biked around in the wind a cold and rain all day because really nothing happens in Joetsu. But we did find a new investigator by using the new Christmas video, which I suggest y'all check out. We also ate at a huge buffet with a racist Japanese less-active who thinks he's American. He kept ranting about how Japans economy is bad and they need to invest in gold. I ate several plates of pancakes.

Wednesday was more splits except this time with the zone leaders in our own area. I went with Elder Burch, who I replaced in Abiko. Then I followed him to Niigata zone 4 weeks later. We reminisced and walked around a lot. We had a way good lesson with Takeshi and taught him the Plan of Salvation. He wants to be baptized but his parents won't let him. Darn.

Thursday was a day of more spooky clouds and service. We made Christmas decorations for old people at an old folks home. I made a new friend. The old lady I was helping called me a "good boy" and kept saying that my skin looked so soft. That's one happens when you're exposed to constant moisture. We also met our Investigator Nitta who is getting baptized on the 17th. Everything is going well so far.

Friday was a pretty much spent doing weekly planning and guitar night. I got kicked out of the band. Feels way bad. But I won a spot back because there's just not enough bass in the song and the guy who's playing the bass line can't play guitar, so I got put on bass line which is okay I guess. Just curious why I got kicked you know? Maybe I'll start my own rival band. 
Saturday was way weird and I don't remember it much. We planned this huge activity with the members to advertise for the Christmas party we have but only like two showed up. I know they don't have anything to do because they're all old and retired and bedsides the missionaries the youngest person in the branch is like 48 or something. But hey we slammed it. Sunday was Sunday.

Now about transfer news. I'm officially not going anywhere and finishing elder Mcilraths training. This is like the first time since transfer 5 nothing has happened to me during transfers. I was way nervous. Anyways I hope everybody is good and I'll let you know how next week goes. It's supposed to snow tomorrow so we'll see. It'll probably just be more rain. Enjoy the pictures!


Thanksgiving at Mcdonalds

"God sees the heart"

"Those who believe in me have eternal life"

"Believe in the true God"

"Repent of your sins"


No comments:

Post a Comment