I am Elder Brett Moore, an LDS Missionary serving in the Japan Tokyo Mission from September 2015 - September 2017. I can be emailed while on the mission at: brett.moore@myldsmail.net

Elder Brett Moore

Elder Brett Moore

Saturday, December 31, 2016

Week 65- 12/26/16 Merry Christmas

Hey well if it isn't your favorite Christmas present. I'm thankful for
the opportunity to be an entire day ahead of most of you so I can
grace your inboxes with my email just in time for this special day.

You wanna know what we did this week? Well it was pretty much the same
as last week. It is STILL raining. Like we're almost done with
December and it's still going. The nagaoka snow legend is full of
bologna I've decided. We did have some luck with meeting a few
investigators, and talking to some interesting people.

We had the opportunity to meet one of our potential investigators at
an illumination festival. He's from India and invited us with his
friends. We ended up crashing a birthday party of like 20 Indians (2
were Nepalese secretly) and they all apparently don't like us do to
some stuff with their religion and Mormonism a few years back. That
was way awkward but now I know like 20 Indians. Our potential
investigator was really cool though.

This week while on splits with Elder Broberg our district leader, it
was 60 degrees outside. We went and did a little housing. We ended
bumping into this old couple towards the end of our time (as it
usually happens) and they invited us in. The husband opened the door
and and was like "woah the Mormon missionaries" and told his wife to
start cooking food. We sat in their house for a bit and talked
religion. The husband was like "yeah I've pretty much decided there's
nothing after this" but the wife seemed to have interest. They
wouldn't accept our Book of Mormon but they did invite us back
"whenever we want."

We also had Christmas this week. The members got us presents. Pretty
much food and candy which I'm thankful for. Then Elder McIlrath and I
had a nerf gun war before bed (thanks mom). You'd think for an army
national guardsman he would have been better. That's pretty much our
week. Oh I also Skyped my family. Only have one more of those left.

It's supposed to snow a ton this week. We'll see though. Hope
everybody has a good week!



Presents

No comments:

Post a Comment